MSC Voyager Club

AVACTION

Reading the 2016-2017 brochure available on the MSC Australia website it appears that changes are being made to the MSC Club.

Change of name to MSC Voyager Club and "5% Discount for all departures year round". "Members only discounted rates on an array of selected departures".

Sounds like a downgrade to me! Anyone have further details as to how their loyalty scheme will change, the brochure is a bit vague on details.

It sounds like they're going the route of other cruise lines in relation to 'members only' discounted rates for selected departures.

I was in contact with MSC yesterday and, during the course of the phone call, the rep likened their new policies to what Cunard does in terms of offering their loyal customers "members exclusives". She didn't go into details at the time but it does look there are changes afoot. As it is, the opening sale of cabins for the Meraviglia is exclusively for clubcard members before going on general release. I, for one, am very happy that loyalty to the brand is being valued by MSC.

Edited by Beamafar

It sounds like they're going the route of other cruise lines in relation to 'members only' discounted rates for selected departures.

I was in contact with MSC yesterday and, during the course of the phone call, the rep likened their new policies to what Cunard does in terms of offering their loyal customers "members exclusives". She didn't go into details at the time but it does look there are changes afoot. As it is, the opening sale of cabins for the Meraviglia is exclusively for clubcard members before going on general release. I, for one, am very happy that loyalty to the brand is being valued by MSC.

Yes good to see some priority for their most loyal and frequent customers.

Just hope it doesn't mean my 20% club discount going! I could live without the dinner with the officers (although it is now often lunch and officers is stretching it a bit too, last time it was one of the Social Hosts, but she was delightful). Still want my fizz and chocolate strawberries too!

Guess we will just to have to wait and see. As more and more people join and gain higher status, it is probably inevitable that benefits will reduce. They were talking about a new level for a while. Not sure if that is till on the cards or has been dropped.

Yes good to see some priority for their most loyal and frequent customers.

Just hope it doesn't mean my 20% club discount going! I could live without the dinner with the officers (although it is now often lunch and officers is stretching it a bit too, last time it was one of the Social Hosts, but she was delightful). Still want my fizz and chocolate strawberries too!

Guess we will just to have to wait and see. As more and more people join and gain higher status, it is probably inevitable that benefits will reduce. They were talking about a new level for a while. Not sure if that is till on the cards or has been dropped.

I agree with you re the 'Captain's Dinner'. I experienced it for the first time on my last cruise - it was in the evening (due to there being so few of us English-speakers) in Eataly with the guest relations manager. At least in was interesting talking to her due to her role onboard. I did ask at the time about the new membership level and she seemed to think that it was in the pipeline, but anyone here familiar with MSC will know that the employees are often as much in the dark about new innovations as everyone else!

I don't know that I'd be that pushed to attend another 'Dinner' (unless it's hosted in Galaxy. I wouldn't need much arm-twisting for that venue, but, Eataly - eh, no thanks!). So that wouldn't be a loss. The 20% discount is another matter entirely! I've just saved the bones of €500 pp - that's nearly €1000, on my booking for the Meraviglia due to that particular benefit. I'm not too bothered about the fizz or choc strawberries, either. I was disappointed it wasn't in the cabin on boarding so I didn't have it for sailaway on the balcony. Mind you, I saw it on a menu later priced at €115 (I'm pretty certain it was the same one) and valued it as a real perk after that! The choc fruit I left in the fridge for a couple of days before eventually tucking into it. In fact, I received another plate early on into the trip as compensation for a very minor complaint I had. I arrived back to the cabin late one night to discover a lovely array of different choc-fruits - kiwi, melon and strawberries. I was sorry my mother wasn't with me - she loves fruit and would have really appreciated it.

As you say, Mairi, we'll have to wait and see what's in store.

Edited by Beamafar

• 3 weeks later...
Try this thread where all the detail has been put up in images.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2231739#

Pete

yeah sorry about that post, wrong one, couldnt delete. there is some great info on here, ive just been chatting with MSC about this and they say its not all doom and gloom for black members, I SAY IT IS.

there are additional discounts upto 15% for members extra but not all the time, there will also be a discount book given (only on request) with different discount coupons depending on a persons level.

still really bad and cruel.

yeah sorry about that post, wrong one, couldnt delete. there is some great info on here, ive just been chatting with MSC about this and they say its not all doom and gloom for black members, I SAY IT IS.

there are additional discounts upto 15% for members extra but not all the time, there will also be a discount book given (only on request) with different discount coupons depending on a persons level.

still really bad and cruel.

Preston, is that you who was on the MSC Preziosa TA in March?

I would think that all "Blackmembers" would be p***ed off with these changes.