Gratuity in the Steak House?

SkyMaster

Some say they are included some say they aren't. I was told they aren't by a waiter. We always tip in cash. If you write the tip on the bill I was told it goes into the tip pool. So if you want to tip your waiter tip in cash and he or she gets the tip and shares it with there helpers.

Some say they are included some say they aren't. I was told they aren't by a waiter. We always tip in cash. If you write the tip on the bill I was told it goes into the tip pool. So if you want to tip your waiter tip in cash and he or she gets the tip and shares it with there helpers.

There is a tip included in the steakhouse charge, however, the amount has never been revealed by Carnival.

If the service is exceptional, feel free to add an extra gratuity.

If I were a waiter and asked if the tip was included, I would shrug my shoulders and mumble not really.

Edited by evandbob

There is a tip included in the steakhouse charge, however, the amount has never been revealed by Carnival.

If the service is exceptional, feel free to add an extra gratuity.

If I were a waiter and asked if the tip was included, I would shrug my shoulders and mumble not really.

Exactly what we do.

In about 6 trips to steakhouse think we added extra tips about half the time.

For some reason doesnt seem like service is as good and exemplary as it used to be.

Two trips ago at Glory steakhouse service was awful and if we could have would have pulled the tip that is included.

We had to get manager involved several times and she knew how bad it was and we were surprised we werent comped for something.

Just wondering if the tip is included in the price of dining in the Steak House, or if it's over and above the price of the dinner? :confused:

"SKY"

Hear it's included but we always tip extra for excellent service, if given. Also, if you reserve on the first night in the Steak House you will receive a free bottle of wine (for the table, not per person).

Hi SkyMaster :)

The tip is included. On Carnivals website it says:

The $35 fee includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and the wait staff's gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion.

Here is a screenshot:

Screenshot_2015-06-23-11-13-53-1_zpsvexxzkik.png

Info located at:

https://secure.carnival.com/Activities/Controls/SteakhouseRequest

Have a terrific day!

:)

THANKS to all of you for your prompt, and informative replies. I always thought the tip was included, and have always left a bit extra, but when the lovely Mrs. Jones ask me, I wasn't absolutely sure. Now I know. ;) Again, THANK YOU!

"SKY"

Hear it's included but we always tip extra for excellent service, if given. Also, if you reserve on the first night in the Steak House you will receive a free bottle of wine (for the table, not per person).

Wow, this is good to know. I will change my reservation to the first night for a bottle of wine.