Dress up or Not Night

dothow

Hi

We have been on a lot of Carnival Cruises and know how casual it is. We will be on the Pride in August. However, we know they have dress up or not night and was wondering if this is still the case and if there is how many nights are there. It used to be two.

Thank you for your responses

dothow

Who wants to start an over/under how many pages this goes?

Anyway, yes, Pride should have 2 "Elegant" nights on your cruise, on like the 1st and last sea days. Folks will dress to the nines, or have a more "casual look" ie. khaki's and a polo shirt for a guy, and all else in between.

However, there have been reports right here on Carniv....I mean Cruise Critic, that they may be <GASP!> allowing something called "tailored shorts", I assume for men on these "Elegant" nights, but that is a recent development/rumor.

How is the Pride sailing her in August?

Edited by bar1068

Hi

We have been on a lot of Carnival Cruises and know how casual it is. We will be on the Pride in August. However, we know they have dress up or not night and was wondering if this is still the case and if there is how many nights are there. It used to be two.

Thank you for your responses

dothow

"Dress up or not" is an NCL term, on CCL it's "elegant night" (and NCL is a bit more relaxed). There are two elegant nights on a 7 day cruise.

Man, I wish Carnival had a dress up or not night (and still let you eat in the MDR... I mean I guess now they do, but you have to go to the Lido.)

NCL has the right idea there!

Even on elegant night, all that they require is a pair of long pants and a shirt.

There are 2 elegant nights dress how ever you want , you will see everything.

elegant night is on its last breath, its still kicking but it won't be long. If Carnival doesn't stop or change it the people will, they are fast on the way