airport options for Port Canaveral

kasil

My family and I will be flying to Florida in March for a cruise out of Port Canaveral. One from East Lansing, Michigan, one from State College, Pennsylvania and two from either Kalamazoo, Michigan or East Lansing or State College. What are the best options for flying in? We will probably rent a car, so some driving won't be a problem. We plan to fly in the day before the ship sails. Thanks

Edited by kasil
more info

MCO (Orlando) is the most popular airport for PC cruises - about a 45-50+ minute easy, all toll - highway drive.

Sanford, to the north of Orlando is another option - figure on an hour to 1:15 drive from SFD.

Melbourne is closer to PC, much smaller than MCO (fewer flights) and about a 30 or so minute drive from PC

With a rental car even Daytona Beach, Jacksonville FL, Tampa FL (2.5+ hours), and Fort Lauderdale (3+ hours) and Miami (about 4 hours) are possible

Orlando (MCO) is the most popular for PC cruises - my guess is that 90% or more of those who fly for a PC cruise will go in/out of MCO.

Lots of hotels near the MCO airport if you want to accommodate various flight arrival times and meet up the night before - then you can either drive or shuttle to the port (check with Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Travelynx and others for shared shuttle service). Good luck! :)

I did some flight searches and it turns out that Orlando (MCO) is the least expensive from East Lansing. If I fly out of an airport less than two hours from State College, rather than from State College, it's also the cheapest option. So, it looks like the easiest option will be the best option. Now I have to find something else to research - hotels in Orlando, I think.:D

We prefer to stay in the Orlando area and drive to the port the morning of the cruise - many others prefer to stay near the port. Some of this will depend upon the scheduled arrival time of your flight - have a great cruise! :)

MCO is your best choice. You will be able to coordinate flights to arrive close to each other. Sanford and Melbourne are small and dont have many flights a day. If you fly into MCO there is a large hotel complex about a mile north of the airport. Google T.G. Lee Blvd. Orlando and you will see all the hotels and restaurants there. Lots of choices.