Coliseum tickets

irishcropper

I am trying to book just regular entrance tickets for the coliseum on line and can't find anywhere to select a date. In looking at other posts, they mostly refer to the underground tour. Do you not need to select a date for reg tickets? Thank you.

Last fall, we booked the combined Colosseum/Forum/Palatine Hill ticket in advance on line, and were not asked to specify a date of use. It was good for two consecutive days, starting with whenever we used it. Looking at the web site, that still seems to be the case (you must use the ticket by the end of the year).

I bought tickets a few days ago. It is date specific.

I got this from a tour company i used.

NO LINE COLOSSEUM TICKETS:

Price of Colosseum standard Admission Tickets booked online is 14 Euros per person. Please purchase your tickets to the Coliseum in advance at the link below.

If you are from the United States, select "Stati Uniti"

Select to print your vouchers at home and bring them with you in order to avoid long ticket line as the vouchers are required to be converted into tickets:

http://etickets.coopculture.it/index.php/en/index.php?option=com_snapp&view=event&id=C1F4480E-9F88-41FE-BD39-1C2283FF1AF9

You probably won't believe this but it can actually be faster to wait and purchase your ticket in Rome, just not at the Colosseum. You can purchase the same ticket at the Palatine ticket booth (2/10ths of a mile down Via di San Gregorio from the Colosseum) and avoid the extra step of converting the voucher into a ticket.

• 1 month later...

I purchased online tonight, wish i had seen this post before and tix are in italian AND I chose OPTION to print at home but no link arrived via email for me to print tix. I do have some kind if confirmation number, however andcthe word VOUCHER but i clearly cjosecthe option to primt tickets at home

Also didnt know about stati uniti either so looked and looked :rolleyes:

Edited by 4cats4me

We purchased tickets at the Colisseum. Waited around 25 mins and no problems. However the tickets are for the Colisseum and the Forum. When we visited the Forum, there was only a 5 minute queue. Would, therefore, recommend purchasing tickets at the Forum - this is just up the road.