2 non-connecting OV balconies vs. 2 Central Park Connecting Inside View

Hoping to get some feedback from others that may have had this same dillema...

We are a family of 4...with 2 kids that are 8 and 10. I am trying to decide between booking 2 OV Balconies that are not connecting vs. 2 Connecting Central Park Inside View rooms (no balcony).

If we go the balcony route, we would have to do a "girls room" and "boys room" and would have the balcony divider opened. Knowing that we can't just leave our balcony doors open (because AC will not work unless balc. doors are closed and locked) and freely walk between the two rooms at any given time, I am thinking this might be a bit of a hassel. Also, I just don't like that fact that my DH and I can't sleep together on vacation.

The other option is to have 2 connecting CP rooms without a balcony. I am afraid we'll miss the ocean view, but I know we could "live" with this for 7 days.

Neither option is ideal ideal for me but it's quite a bit less expensive do 2 rooms of either category vs 1 OV balcony for the 4 of us.

Has anyone had this same issue, and what did you decide on?

Do you feel strongly about your children having a balcony? I see your perspective on the current situation. Are they old enough to have a room of their own and place them directly across from you? I have an OV balcony and reserved an internal (no view, no balcony) for my kids right across the hall. It saved money and I can keep them close by. I don't know if the ages of your children impact this though.

not all captains allow the balcony divers to be opened. and some classes of ships they don't open at all.

I did a tour of connecting promenades. being used to suite only they were cramped to me but otherwise were very nice. the connecting door did not take up any room at all and it was cool to people watch the Promenade

My kids are too young to be left in a cabin by themselves...not to mention the fact that my daughter would NOT let that happen even if we wanted to. So, these are the 2 options that are available to us at the moment.

I realize that it's not guaranteen to haev the balcony door opened, but I'm yet to find anything that says they were denied on the Oasis so I'll take my chances if that's the route we decide on.

Connecting CP cabins. With young kids I would want to be able to keep the connecting door open when needed. Also - you will probably be very busy on your first Oasis class cruise. The OV becomes less important when you don't have a lot of 'hang' time.

Thanks for all the feedback. We decided to pull the trigger on the 2 CP view connecting cabins vs. the OV balcony. It was ever an option to have the kids in their own room, rather my DH and I would have had to split up for sleeping...my with my daughter in one room and DH with my son in another. It could have worked but I much prefer to have the connecting door inside the cabins.

This is our 4 th Oasis class cruise and we are looking forward to it just as much as our first!

When my boys were that age we'd do 4 in an OV (no balcony) room. It was cheaper than the balcony and better than an inside. Not sure how the cost compares.

For me with the kids being that age, I'd go for connecting room.

As crazy as it seems, it was quite a bit less to get 2 cabins instead of 1 that would accomodate 4 on this cruise. It's all about supply and demand and during the summer the demand is very high for the cabins that accomodate 4 people!

For example there was 1 Boardwalk balcony cabin left that would take 4 people and that cost $5400, 1 OV window on deck 3 cost $5,187. The options I was looking at for the 2 cabins was $2500 per cabin for the OV non connecting cabins (including the $200 Diamond balcony disount), and $2033 for each of the Central Park adjoining rooms. I'll take the 2 rooms with more space for less money any day of the week!