Martini's On The Victory

sparky3229

My other cruise was on Celebrity and we went to the martini bar every night before dinner-a very fun ritual. We plan on having a round of martinis before dinner on our criuse on the Victory this November. They probably don't have a martini bar, but do they serve a decent (or pretty) martini? ;) The ones on Celebrity were huge-a double, and they were $8. Not cheap, but it was like 2 drinks. It took a while to sip and finish it. What am I to expect on the Victory for martinis (and not those dessert ones-chocolate or whatever)? Like a dirty one, a cosmo...ones that are almost clear, not thick! Or should we pass on martinis and stick to regualr mixed drinks for a cocktail before dinner.:confused: Obviously, these are the things I think about before a cruise.:D

Ahhh Serene...thank you very much. I was suprrised that the word Martini in the heading didn't bring more posts sooner:D I appreciate the menu...cosmo's and the Italian one will work for me just fine! I am sure they can make a dirty one, too. Thanks. I can't wait. Oh yeah-any particular bar for nice atmosphere before dinner?

7Seas Atrium makes a nice place for people watching. Especially before dinner. Music plays.. BAr gets their share of business.

---------

Irish Sea bar is another place.. (I think thats where the karoke is)

---

Where is the Martini Bar. I sailed the VIctoryin 2002 and didnt have one then. Wonder where they put it.

unless you are talking about the Martine time...which was done in the 7 seas atrium. Huge ice sculpters that they pour the martini mix over into your glass?

Kelz...I had no idea...is it just called the martini bar. or is there a special name? I will have to do some research, then, so we can be there for night #1. I peeked at your pictures to see your cabin. We have a balcony too...the room seems much smaller, I think, than the one we had on Celebrity. That's why we have a balcony-extra sq. footage to hang out.:)

HEY sparky!!!!! On the Triumph there was a martini bar...right next to the piano bar I believe. And isn't Victory the sister ship? My daughter got wasted on cosmos one night...(someone was buying them for her) She said they were awesome. I only like chocolate martinis and it was awful!!!! :( But my son-in-law makes a wonderful chocolate martini.....oh well!! I will stick to banana daquiris (which were to die for) and pina coladas and miami vice's!!!!:D

Jan, I laughed when I was scrolling down this thread to read the newest post and saw your pink signature (i fixed my settings to see it). So is the Atrium bar the martini bar? I don't know about sister ships. I don't know anything about Carnival ships except to show up on the Victory in Miami on Nov 20!!!;) That's all I know. After that, it's to be at dinner at 8 and martinis at 7:15:D

Actually, there may be a celebratory round of drinks earlier than that...actually, I know there WILL be at least a FEW rounds of drinks before that martini round. Gee, there might have to be a nap before that martini round!:p

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would ressurrect this thread, since many people have just come back from cruises. Serene, I thank you for the above information,though. It's enough for me to know that we can do our martini thing before dinner with the family. Guess I am still trying to find out if there is a specific martini bar. I guess we will also see which dining room we have . Are the bars scattered throughout? We have an aft cabin, so I am assuming the back dining room.

Bars are scattered throughout the ship- there is a bar aft on deck 5.

MArtinis were poured during a "happy Hour" in the Atrium lounge one night.

Does any carnival ship have a MArtini bar... a bar that makes just martinis?

Archived