To dress or not to dress

stroud green

First time cruise coming up in August with MSC on Poesia. We as a family are really looking forward to it.

One thing that does worry me is the dress code. We are travelling from the UK to Venice by train and after the cruise back via Finland by plane for a short break there. So luggage space is at a premium.

I am a bit fussy regarding dressing up in the evenings. I certainly will not where a tux or even a suit and tie. I am on holiday and want to relax. I totally understand the dress codes and am prepared to miss the gala evenings, not my cup of tea anyway.

Will I be ok with just wearing trousers and collared shirts for evening meals. I do not wear a tie at work so I am certainly not going to wear one on holiday.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Best to ask this on the MSC board here at CC, under Cruise Lines A-O. Although you have joined through the UK website, the majority of members of CC are in North America, and we don't have as much experience with MSC. EM

My husband wouldn't dress up. He brings a tie - it doesn't take much space, and if not tied tightly, it wouldn't press on his neck. He wears it with a collared shirt and a V-neck pullover. After dinner the tie is off.

Nobody ever said anything, they watch out more if you sanitize your hands than what you wear.

We've sailed MSC twice and you will be fine with trousers and collared shirts - that's what my husband wore as did the other men at our table.

Marianne

+1

I wore nice golf shirts and pants for dinner with a shirt and tie (no jacket) on formal night. Others did the same.