Speciality Restaurants on Golden for special occasion

katie11

We are celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary on the Golden in November.

Which of the 2 speciality restaurants would be recommended for our anniversary dinner?

I understand I will need to book our table when we embark.

Appreciate any feedback, thanks.

We are celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary on the Golden in November.

Which of the 2 speciality restaurants would be recommended for our anniversary dinner?

I understand I will need to book our table when we embark.

Appreciate any feedback, thanks.

First, congratulation on your 50th--a blessed milestone.

Sabatini's and Crown Grille are both wonderful; it would be impossible to say one is better than the other. I would look at the menus of both when I get aboard and see which appeals to you more. I think I would be inclined to choose Crown Grille; but Sabatini's is just as elegant and special, and perhaps a little more cheerful and festive than Crown Grille.

Depends on what type of food you prefer. The Crown Grill is a steakhouse, Sabatini's is Northern Italian food, not what you'd get at a local Italian restaurant. I'm not big on seafood or mussels, etc. so I prefer the Crown Grill; others probably prefer Sabatini's.

If you have a balcony, you might want to try the UBD. Since you will be in the South Pacific, there's something very special about watching the sunset over a tropical sky on your 50th...

You might also consider Chef's Table. Anniversary's are treated very specially at Chef's table although it is a more "public" dinner than an intimate UBD or Crown dinner.

But my recommendation, between Crown and Sabatinis, is Crown. There's already a lot of pretty good Italian food in the MDR, and the ambiance in Crown is very nice. There are some very private booths in the corners of Crown that can be very intimate. Just request them when you call in if you want some quality alone dinner time...

First, congratulation on your 50th--a blessed milestone.

Sabatini's and Crown Grille are both wonderful; it would be impossible to say one is better than the other. I would look at the menus of both when I get aboard and see which appeals to you more. I think I would be inclined to choose Crown Grille; but Sabatini's is just as elegant and special, and perhaps a little more cheerful and festive than Crown Grille.

Both have sample dinner menus displayed on the Princess website if that's any help. Should be easy to find, I certainly managed it and I'm no techie. I think it's under Dining, but don't remember off the top of my head. HTH.

Crochetcruise :cool: