Zaandam cabin question

chloes nana

I am booked on the Zaandam for a 34 day South America cruise next year and have a couple questions regarding cabins. For the first time ever we are booking an OV cabin instead of a Veranda due to the cost of the cruise alone. (come on upgrade fairy!!) We are in cabin DA 6100 forward. My question is, is this a good cabin? what is the size of this cabin, for anyone who has stayed in it? any benefits/pitfalls to it? Full window correct? Are there any pictures out there?

Any other advice, or maybe a better OV cabin, i.e. larger than others? Thanks!

I am booked on the Zaandam for a 34 day South America cruise next year and have a couple questions regarding cabins. For the first time ever we are booking an OV cabin instead of a Veranda due to the cost of the cruise alone. (come on upgrade fairy!!) We are in cabin DA 6100 forward. My question is, is this a good cabin? what is the size of this cabin, for anyone who has stayed in it? any benefits/pitfalls to it? Full window correct? Are there any pictures out there?

Any other advice, or maybe a better OV cabin, i.e. larger than others? Thanks!

There are photos of, and comments about, this cabin on the website that you need to search for. Just search for HAL cabin facts for the site.

There are photos of, and comments about, this cabin on the website that you need to search for. Just search for HAL cabin facts for the site.

I did as you suggested and did a google search as well, still did not get any photots, just the cookie cutter picture put out by HAL:(

I did as you suggested and did a google search as well, still did not get any photots, just the cookie cutter picture put out by HAL:(

The picture on the site is actually for a similar cabin on the Volendam. If you made reference in your search to the Zaandam, that could be why you didn't find it. Just google "HAL cabin FACTS" to find the .COM site and then navigate from there.

These pictures are of the Volendam's 6100 which is the same as the Zaandam's 6100:

vldm6100P1040369.jpg

vldm6100P1040370.jpg

vldm6100P1040371.jpg

vldm6100P1040372.jpg

so the curtain behind the bed is really a window?? according to the site 6102 is the curved room??? 6100 is supposed to be a little more square?? I am sooo confused. According to cruisefacts it also states 6100 as a larger OV room. Which has a couch also in the room. Any help here?

so the curtain behind the bed is really a window?? according to the site 6102 is the curved room??? 6100 is supposed to be a little more square?? I am sooo confused. According to cruisefacts it also states 6100 as a larger OV room. Which has a couch also in the room. Any help here?

Only one window in 6100, according to that other site previously described. The curtain behind the bed is decorative. From that other thread that I previously linked, someone indicated that 6102 has two windows. 6100 is square; 6102 appears to be angled, and longer, according to the deck plan on the HAL site. No couch in 6100 according to the remarks on that other site.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Note entry 2 for link to 6100 and 6102. I recommend 6102 if still available?

Is your cruise going to Antarctica? My comments on 6102 relate to Antarctica cruise, which was great.

Note entry 2 for link to 6100 and 6102. I recommend 6102 if still available?

Is your cruise going to Antarctica? My comments on 6102 relate to Antarctica cruise, which was great.

6102 is no longer available, so there is no couch and only a side window?? looks like if you split the beds you won't be able to open the bathroom door??? any suggestions from anyone on a good ocean view cabin? what are the larger ones?