Logan to Ncl pier?

marsworth75

Having never sailed out of Boston before I am having some difficulty in deciding which is the best way to get from BOS to the Black Talon Cruiseport. I see from reading here on CC and looking at the maps that these 2 locations are very close to each other. Is a taxi the way to go or should I be looking at other options? If so what would those other options be?

I think we have already decide not to fly into Boston until the morning of the cruise. Just a little bit shell-shocked looking at the hotel prices in late October.

Any constructive tips or advice would be welcomed.

Taxi is a good choice. It should be about $25 - $30 one way including tip, and about 10 minutes in light traffic. As with any form of road transportation in Boston, heavy traffic can increase travel times unexpectedly.

The MBTA "Silver Line" buses are another good option. One fairly easy transfer is required. The Silver Line buses are luggage-friendly. Fare is free from the airport to the Black Falcon cruise terminal, and $2.65 per person from Black Falcon to the airport. There are Silver Line bus stops at each airport terminal. Probably about 20 minutes each way between the airport and the cruise port, depending on traffic.

Flying cross country the morning of a cruise is more risky than a $200 or $250 hotel room for the day before would be, in my book.

I hope you have good travel insurance in case you miss the boat! October can be rainy and thundery (and hurricaney) and flights can easily be canceled or severely delayed.

Flying cross country the morning of a cruise is more risky than a $200 or $250 hotel room for the day before would be, in my book.

I hope you have good travel insurance in case you miss the boat! October can be rainy and thundery (and hurricaney) and flights can easily be canceled or severely delayed.

I agree. You can make a cancellable reservation at the Best Western Adams in Quincy (both airport and Cruiseport shuttle) and stalk Hotwire for a good deal. If you miss the ship, your next stop is San Juan!