Fireworks?

CookiePie

Assuming you're sailing at 4:00, I think you'll be too far out to sea for fireworks. We did a July 4 cruise out of Baltimore 5 years ago and had great fireworks on the way down the Chesapeake Bay, but Port Canaveral cruises go too far from land for good fireworks.

I am very very glad Carnival does not shoot its own fireworks. That would be reason enough for me to stop sailing.

Why would that be? I'm not disrespecting your opinion, I'm just curious why you would be against them.

Why would that be? I'm not disrespecting your opinion, I'm just curious why you would be against them.

Because accidents happen and fire at sea is a very big deal.

I've seen (professional) fireworks start small fires on land- I have no interest in experiencing that on a ship.

Besides that, I don't like fireworks, PTSD? (I'm not military, I have other issues) and while I can generally avoid them on land, on a ship I would feel trapped.

Cruising isn't a necessary part of life though, so if fireworks were standard it would be no big deal to just stop.

Because accidents happen and fire at sea is a very big deal.

I've seen (professional) fireworks start small fires on land- I have no interest in experiencing that on a ship.

Besides that, I don't like fireworks, PTSD? (I'm not military, I have other issues) and while I can generally avoid them on land, on a ship I would feel trapped.

Cruising isn't a necessary part of life though, so if fireworks were standard it would be no big deal to just stop.

My DH is a retired Assistant Fire Chief of 28 years and I promise you fireworks on board a ship would mean NO cruise for us...and we're going Diamond!!! LOL

We are cruising out of port canaveral on the Valor on the 4th of July. Wondering if we will see any fireworks at sea? Anyone know, or know where I could look to find out?

Look to see if there's a fireworks DVD that you could purchase from a local store, then take a portable DVD player with you. Granted, it wouldn't be the same as seeing them live, but it would be better than no fireworks. Or, you could get a DVD with a patriotic theme. My favorite is "Yankee Doodle Dandy", the biographical film about George M. Cohan, starring James Cagney. In any case, I hope you have a great cruise! :)