Anthem Question re: Lobster Tails

Currently onboard Anthem. Lobster Bisque is served in Grande but no Lobster Tails.....signature entree is Jumbo Shrimp.. When did you sail?

You will get it when the menu changes over mid-cruise :)

It was on the second menu for us

Hi Swoopy

Thanks for clarifying on the Lobster Tails - Ive read somewhere on CC that the menu changed after 4 days ? Did your menus change after 4 or halfway (5) ? We're on the 14 night med cruise in September and wondered if the menu will change after 7 days or if it will change back and forth every 4 days ??

Thanks so much for all of your responses! Although I LOVE lobster bisque and I look forward to that soup, for me there is no substitute for the tails and I would hate to think that RCCL would not provide lobster tails at least once on the Anthem!

Currently onboard Anthem. Lobster Bisque is served in Grande but no Lobster Tails.....signature entree is Jumbo Shrimp.. When did you sail?

I believe RCL doesn't serve lobster in Europe, only in North America I think... am I wrong here?

(I definitely didn't have lobster on formal night on Serenade Med this past Sept)

I believe RCL doesn't serve lobster in Europe, only in North America I think... am I wrong here?

(I definitely didn't have lobster on formal night on Serenade Med this past Sept)

We probably need Swoopy2110 or Stichman to comment as both have sailed on Anthem out of Southampton so should have actual experience of this

I just confirmed it with a passenger in Allure right now sailing Europe as well near the Anthem... they don't have a lobster night at this sailing but I have taken Allure in the US and we did have a lobster night.

So it might be possible... I recalled when I was sailing 14 nights in Australia, we don't have a lobster night as well...

But 3 of my most recent sailings in Asia all have lobsters.

We probably need Swoopy2110 or Stichman to comment as both have sailed on Anthem out of Southampton so should have actual experience of this

We definitely had Lobster tail on the Anthem out of Southampton. Either that or it was a very good impersonation :p

Only appeared in the second lot of menus though (that changed after 5 days into the Cruise)

As I posted previously I am currently onboard Anthem. Day 8 of a 14 nt cruise. Menus have changed and I can confirm there are NO LOBSTER TAILS on either menu. Grande Opulence menu has Sauteed King Prawns and Grande Elegance menu has Jumbo Shrimp. Both are "Signature" items.

Others may have had lobster tails on previous cruises but they're not available on this cruise.

Sue, thank you for this information! Since you are on the ship currently and I will be fairly soon, the situation will probably by the same for our sailing UNLESS RCCL TAKES NOTICE that a lot of people want lobster!

I am very disappointed to hear that we will not be eating lobster since it's one of the dining highlights for me on my cruises in the complimentary restaurants, but at least I have been warned ahead of time so I won't be disappointed when I board the ship! Thank you!

Edited by sbwmail