6/3 and 6/15/15 Island Princess-PLEASE POST REVIEWS

kermit13

We were on the June 3rd sailing - Barcelona to Venice. I am in the process of writing the review but in the meantime I think I can say that vibration was not an issue. There is always some vibration (we have been on over 25 Princess cruises) and it was no different on the Island after the dry dock.

Our time in Athens was also changed but no changes were as significant as yours.

As for those who are wondering - the ship has changed but other than some places where you could go through before but can't now, and the large crowd for Anytime Dining, the ship is in great condition and the staff are all happy and accommodating. The loss of the rear lounge has changed up some entertainment options as well. Strangely enough the loss of the fitness area views of the sea are made up for the fact that only people who want to go to the area now go - way less congestion.

All that said - we had a wonderful cruise. I will try to get to the actual review soon.

We were on the June 3rd sailing - Barcelona to Venice. I am in the process of writing the review but in the meantime I think I can say that vibration was not an issue. There is always some vibration (we have been on over 25 Princess cruises) and it was no different on the Island after the dry dock.

Our time in Athens was also changed but no changes were as significant as yours.

As for those who are wondering - the ship has changed but other than some places where you could go through before but can't now, and the large crowd for Anytime Dining, the ship is in great condition and the staff are all happy and accommodating. The loss of the rear lounge has changed up some entertainment options as well. Strangely enough the loss of the fitness area views of the sea are made up for the fact that only people who want to go to the area now go - way less congestion.

All that said - we had a wonderful cruise. I will try to get to the actual review soon.

Where was your cabin located??????

• 2 weeks later...

If you did not take an excursion in this port and the ship docks at 1:00 pm, and you were in line early for the tenders, what time did you get off the tender in town. The 9/19 cruise shortened the stay in Mykonos by 4 hours. Now it is leaving at 8:00 instead of 11:59 pm. That is why we are concerned about how long it will take to get off the ship and tender into town.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the 27 June Island sailing. When we arrived into Mykonos it was not a tender service - but the ship docked out of town and Princess sell tickets to get into town. There is also a small indepent boat adjacent to where the ship docked that did the same trip for a few Euros (much less than Princess charged). I understand your concerns regarding timings the boat trip across they bay took about 15 mins each way. We did not have long there which was a shame - I love Mykonos. Have a great trip

Edited by Cruising Crew

We were on the 27 June Island sailing. When we arrived into Mykonos it was not a tender service - but the ship docked out of town and Princess sell tickets to get into town. There is also a small indepent boat adjacent to where the ship docked that did the same trip for a few Euros (much less than Princess charged). I understand your concerns regarding timings the boat trip across they bay took about 15 mins each way. We did not have long there which was a shame - I love Mykonos. Have a great trip

Its hard to say what they will do. On the Regal the winds were 40 plus and I really thought we were going to skip Mykonos. We ended up at anchor just off the dock area you speak of. Kudos to Capt. Perrin.

We were supposed to tender off the main area of town. By the time we tendered then either walked to town or took the shuttle (then the return as well) its eats up a lot of time. Our Island cruise coming up we are there again for a shortened visit