Currently on the Anthem, any questions?

CCFC

With a couple of days to go before we get off there was an offer to stay on in the Compass. You can pay $35 and stay on the ship on disembarkation day until muster is called which would have been nice to know before we got on as the rush to get off at Southampton can be a trial. If anyone wants more details I can get them.

With a couple of days to go before we get off there was an offer to stay on in the Compass. You can pay $35 and stay on the ship on disembarkation day until muster is called which would have been nice to know before we got on as the rush to get off at Southampton can be a trial. If anyone wants more details I can get them.

That's very interesting... I'd be interested to know more about that. I can't imagine it being that desirable with all of your hand luggage etc...

If there are any details on how this works, and you are able to get them, that would be amazing :)

The Windjammer is closed down just after nine, they even shutter it off at both ends, no 24 hour service.

Sorerrentos just has pizza and drinks, no fries, or anything else. I have pictures for when I get home.

Interesting - it was part of the advertising blurb that it was to be open 24 hrs

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/dining/restaurants/windjammer-marketplace/

(perhaps it was meant to be staffed by the same people who dressed up as Shrek....;) )

Can you ask someone in the WJ who looks as if they are knowledgeable why it is not open any more?

I'll ask at my daily trip to guest services, the compass of which I have kept all of them says it too.

On another note our best ever cruise director Joff Eaton has confirmed Royal Caribbean have bought the rights to Name that tune! There is a trial tomorrow night and the set up is being tested in the theatre as I speak. It's meant to be a full go live on the cruise after this.

I'll get more info Duncan!

That's very interesting... I'd be interested to know more about that. I can't imagine it being that desirable with all of your hand luggage etc...

If there are any details on how this works, and you are able to get them, that would be amazing :)

RCI have been offering late disembarkation in Europe for a while now. I have noticed it tends to be very popular with families with late flights out.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3982

Interesting - it was part of the advertising blurb that it was to be open 24 hrs

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/dining/restaurants/windjammer-marketplace/

(perhaps it was meant to be staffed by the same people who dressed up as Shrek....;) )

?

Too funny. I thought of the DreamWorks connection directly on this point.

I hope they have not printed that in the brochure or they will start to have a pretty long sticker on the cover with the disclaimers in the UK.

Cruise Compasses have shown Café Promenade closing at 3 AM as well, which is also a big change.

I was wondering about the ping pong tables...on the Oasis and Allure I loved that they were in a glass enclosed room, is it the same on the Anthem or are they out in the open?

Thank you :)

The Ping pong tables are in the seaplex, top level. In the "blue boxes" when viewed from outside.

Hope you are enjoying your trip. Thank you for taking the time to answer questions. We are booked for 4/2017. A ways to go, but looking for any information I can get on this ship. We are booked in a obstructive view balcony on deck 6. Do you have any knowledge about what the obstructions are? Also, I am confused about the pools. Indoor for adults only? and 2 outdoor pools or only 1?

Thanks in advance and Happy Sailing!

I have taken a picture from the corridor showing the obstruction, the cabin steward was cleaning and I asked if she minded to which she gave me a clean shot. I think the cabin was 6640.

Hi Mike,

Sorrentos should also be open 24hrs. They do serve other food options as well as pizza. Also the Cafe on promenade should be open till midnight with sandwiches and coffee.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, here in the UK we are about to get a heatwave as well with temps up to 35C. :)

I disembarked today from the Anthem so was on the same cruise as Mike.

I can confirm that both the cafe promenade and sorrentos were open until 3am and in the corner of the windjammer, fast food sucha s pizza, hot dogs and burgers and chips could be had up until at least midnight(The latest we tried)

We also disembarked today and generally had a great cruise, but there were a few things could be improved.

there was always a lift out of action , the lift to the north star was broken until the engineers came aboard in cicivavecchia (after a week) so disabled could not go on the ride

the robot bar had one robot out of action and ordering via the tablets was hit and miss

We found the service and food to be not constant between the 4 complementary resturants.

We found silk to have the best service and American icon the worst, so much so we cancelled our American icon resurvat ions as each time it got worse

You have to check your account often when handing over your cards in the resturants, twice we had drinks added we had not ordered and had to go to customer services to have them removed.

What is good about the iq app, if you have your device with you its possible to check your account as soon as you make a purchase

Bar staff seemed to be genearly quite grumpy

Show times were also generally over by 10pm and as we had late dinner booking we missed most, such as the comedians etc

Each of the bars had different selection of beers

eg draft guineas only in the pub, old Speke led hen only in the outdoor north star bar

no decent draft larger in the pub,

We had also done pisa and Florence many times on land holidays so in la spezia we walked to the train station and visited the cinque terrace, 5 villages all connected via train

This is exactly what we are hoping to do! How long is the walk to the train, How much does it cost for the train pass, what time should one think about returning so as not to miss the ship? Thank you!!!

This is exactly what we are hoping to do! How long is the walk to the train, How much does it cost for the train pass, what time should one think about returning so as not to miss the ship? Thank you!!!

We went to Cinque Terre by train. The walk to the train station from the pier shuttle was about 15 min. We were quoted 15 eu for a taxi but had already decided to walk. A 1 day train ticket is 12 eu pp. You can get on/off as much as you want. We came back about 3pm. We went to Vernazza first, then Corniglia, then Manarola and Riomaggiore. The town in Corniglia is high above the train station. There is a shuttle, for 2.5 eu/pp to take you up/down. We took it up but walked down along the road. Another way up/down is via the 385 stairs.

It's easy to do it on your own and much less $$ than the ship tour...plus you see more of these beautiful towns. Enjoy!

Further info,

at the train station there were long queues for train tickets (cheap option)

but you can buy a cinque terre day ticket from the shop on the platform 12 euro

trains run several times per hour both ways, you can get the time table when buying the ticket or print off Internet before

The villages are only a few minutes apart,

we tried to walk two of the easy routes but the paths had been damaged by land slides and we're closed

they didn't apear to have started the repairs

the above ticket includes the entry to the paths and the national park

Just time coming back to give you plenty of time

we went wrong walking to the train station and went out of our way, so print the route b4

I thank you both so much for the wonderful information on how we get to Cinque Terre! I wrote down all your instructions and I will take them with us! Thank you so much again!!! Visiting those towns is one of the main reasons we selected this sailing.

Mike,

I think it's wonderful that you are offering to answer questions. What a great idea.

I have a question about poker. Do they have poker tables for Texas hold'em?

and are they electronic or do they use cards?

On the newer celebrity ships they are electronic.

Thanks so much & enjoy the cruise.

Best,

Larry :)

Mike

A quick question that you may be able to answer.

I have been attempting to book the entertainment so that it falls in with the restaurant bookings that we have made but the website says that we will have to book onboard!

I have contacted RC and it was supposed to be opened up for bookings on 1 July but that hasn't happened, when were you able to book your shows?

Regards

Steve

Mike,

I think it's wonderful that you are offering to answer questions. What a great idea.

I have a question about poker. Do they have poker tables for Texas hold'em?

and are they electronic or do they use cards?

On the newer celebrity ships they are electronic.

Thanks so much & enjoy the cruise.

Best,

Larry :)

Yes they have tables for Texas hold'em, nothing electronic that I saw, all old fashioned cards.

Yes they have tables for Texas hold'em, nothing electronic that I saw, all old fashioned cards.

Hi Mike,

Just to be sure we're on the same page. These are not blackjack size tables with the texas hold'em game. This table will be about 4'x8' oval shape and seat about 8 or 10 people.

Thanks

Larry

Mike

A quick question that you may be able to answer.

I have been attempting to book the entertainment so that it falls in with the restaurant bookings that we have made but the website says that we will have to book onboard!

I have contacted RC and it was supposed to be opened up for bookings on 1 July but that hasn't happened, when were you able to book your shows?

Regards

Steve

Yes we booked on-board, I used my ipad but you can use the ones dotted around the ship for free.

aos2.jpg?_subject_uid=423228037&w=AADJvdMopXJJ9cakcCBuhehT9ji0wXCGIY0HdzW2eoxfow

The coloured squares on the right show you who going.

Too funny. I thought of the DreamWorks connection directly on this point.

I hope they have not printed that in the brochure or they will start to have a pretty long sticker on the cover with the disclaimers in the UK.

Cruise Compasses have shown Café Promenade closing at 3 AM as well, which is also a big change.

Talking of DreamWorks on the ship I found it on my access all areas tour!

aos1.jpg?_subject_uid=423228037&w=AAAIPgqXyl6ut2fyOe7poVPejiu123SJHsB5WCshR9hiQQ

That's the incinerator room, looks like it made it on the ship but got burnt before it saw daylight.

Mike, I don't know if there's an issue with your Dropbox or if you're sharing a link to an image that's not in your public folder, but they're not showing up for me.

Just so you know, as I'm sure the pics are exceptionally helpful and if you think they're working OK on your end (e.g. if you're logged in) then you won't realise that nobody else can see them!