Inside cabins on the Royal

spunks

I notice that many of the inside cabins on the Royal are parralell to the axis of the ship. Has anyone stayed in one of those? My question concerns the positioning of the bed in those cabins. Does the bed lie in the same direction as the ship axis in those cabins, or is it perpendicular to the axis?

This may seem like a silly question, but the reason we never take a balcony is that the bed being on axis with the ship causes us to roll all night.

Doug

We had one of these cabins (C418) on the May 21st British Isles cruise. The bed is parallel to the hallway, with the head of the bed at the bow end of the ship. The layout worked well for the two of us, with the exception of accessible 110v outlets for DH's CPAP machine.

I should also mention that we specifically chose this cabin to be as close to midship as possible to minimize motion. We noticed very little during our cruise, but your mileage may vary.

Doug...here is a link to photos of a sideways inside cabin that runs parallel to the main hallway.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45399989&posted=1#post45399989

In the 2nd photo in post #12 you'll see the reflection in the mirror of the location of the door. With the door closer to the bed, a few passengers were concerned that when the door was open someone could more easily look inside their cabin. Most post how much they enjoy this inside cabin's setup over the standard setup. We booked C419 until receiving a reasonably priced upsell to a deluxe balcony cabin.

I've seen photos of the inside sideways cabins that are quad occupancy which have the upper bunks protruding from the walls. I made that mistake once in an obstructed oceanview cabin & would never do that again having to split the beds into twins to minimize the chances of bumping our heads.

Say hi to Annie...

Frank

Hey Frank....Thanks for the photos. I suspect our lines will cross again one of these days...take care

Doug

That would be fun...Wayne & Trudy posted on our April TA's Regal roll call which they considered but didn't book it.

This April, I spent 26 days in R406 on the Royal. Loved the location and the layout. Highly recommend. Bed is parallel but I never had any issue with "rolling" except for one night when the entire ship rolled in every direction.