Bran Muffins

cruzfiend

Apple turnovers are to die for on Celebrity , I would pick one up before heading to Elite breakfast

So if I want a bran muffin on Celebrity, I should instead go for the apple turnover? LOL :D:D:D

So if I want a bran muffin on Celebrity, I should instead go for the apple turnover? LOL :D:D:D

Bran muffin are like Celebrity website , you think it is good for you until you try to use it, only to find out it is dry and a big disappointment :D

...I know, silly, but I look so forward to the Bran Muffins on Royal Carribean. Does anyone know if Celebrity uses the same recipe? :rolleyes:

I will be sailing RCCL in October. I love Bran Muffins. Are these available in the buffet, MDR, Diamond Lounge? I would love to try one.

On Celebrity I skip the bran muffin and opt for the chocolate croissant.

...I know, silly, but I look so forward to the Bran Muffins on Royal Carribean. Does anyone know if Celebrity uses the same recipe? :rolleyes:

Celebrity also has Bran Muffins. We each have one every morning. Not sure if the recipe is the same but they are just as good as the ones RCCL has on their ships. Well at least on the RCCL ships that we've sailed on.

Edited by davekathy

As an aficionado of really good bran muffins, I imagine that I'm qualified to be able to offer an informed opinion on this important matter! Furthermore, we just returned from an RCCL Caribbean sailing, so the comparison data is fresh.

Princess: good.

RCCL: pretty darned moist and tasty.

Celebrity: YUCK! Always the same, regardless of the ship or itinerary. They're like nasty little glue balls. Treat yourself to just about anything else for that breakfast "kick-start."

Happy sailing!

I've cruised on Celebrity 24 times and love bran muffins! Here's my experience. Each ship has a different way of making their bran muffins. Some are very good and some really bad and everything in between. Many years ago on the Constellation the muffins were terrible. Many people complained and we were told they would correct the problem but that never happened.. We found out later that they were made sugarless. We cruised on the Constellation 6 different times and never liked the bran muffins. Haven't been back for over 2 years so I can't say how they are doing now. We were on the Eclipse in April-May and the muffins were outstanding. Good Luck with the Bran Muffins:)

I will be sailing RCCL in October. I love Bran Muffins. Are these available in the buffet, MDR, Diamond Lounge? I would love to try one.

On Celebrity I skip the bran muffin and opt for the chocolate croissant.

In the buffet for breakfast. At least for radiance size ships.

On Celebrity, the muffins from Cafe al Bacio are outstanding and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the so-so muffins served in the buffet. The carrot muffins in Cafe al Bacio, in particular, I find very hard to stay away from! Their bran muffins are very "branny" which I love, whereas the bran muffins in the buffet, well, it's false representation to call them bran - they're not bad, per se, just not "branny"! :D Remember, all of the muffins and pastries at Cafe al Bacio are free, you don't have to order a coffee to get them - just stop and the counter workers will give you whatever you want.

On Celebrity, the muffins from Cafe al Bacio are outstanding and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the so-so muffins served in the buffet. The carrot muffins in Cafe al Bacio, in particular, I find very hard to stay away from! Their bran muffins are very "branny" which I love, whereas the bran muffins in the buffet, well, it's false representation to call them bran - they're not bad, per se, just not "branny"! :D Remember, all of the muffins and pastries at Cafe al Bacio are free, you don't have to order a coffee to get them - just stop and the counter workers will give you whatever you want.

I will check it out on my upcoming cruise. I would say the bran muffins on RCCL are really bran flavored, but good especially with peanut butter.

I loved the carrot muffins at Cafe al Bacio.

I would have that and a cup of delicious cappuccino and I was one happy camper.

But I may not qualify to give an opinion on this thread. I'm not a fan of bran.:p

Bran muffin are like Celebrity website , you think it is good for you until you try to use it, only to find out it is dry and a big disappointment :D

As an aficionado of really good bran muffins, I imagine that I'm qualified to be able to offer an informed opinion on this important matter! Furthermore, we just returned from an RCCL Caribbean sailing, so the comparison data is fresh.

Princess: good.

RCCL: pretty darned moist and tasty.

Celebrity: YUCK! Always the same, regardless of the ship or itinerary. They're like nasty little glue balls. Treat yourself to just about anything else for that breakfast "kick-start."

Happy sailing!

I am surprised at the negative comments because I have always loved the Bran muffins (which I did not know that's what they were until my last cruise. ) Funny story...

One morning at breakfast I asked the bread waiter if he had any brown muffins. He said yes and went into the kitchen to get a couple for me. When he returned, this is the conversation that we had:

Me: I just love those brown muffins, what are they called?"

Waiter: Yes, brown muffin

Me: But what are the brown muffins called?

Waiter: Brown muffins (with a puzzled look)

It finally occurred to me (with the help of my daughters) that the muffins were bran and the waiter thought I was saying bran muffins all along! We got so tickled. :D Was my face ever red!

PS - I received my brown (bran) muffins at Blu and Luminae. Perhaps they are awful elsewhere.

Edited by Iamthesea

I thought the bran muffins were dry and like cardboard. I even tried loading it with butter. Then I decided to have their delicious berries and other fresh fruit. Much better tasting. The fresh fruit and cheese plate was outstanding.