Shareholder Credit

cessnabmw

You get perks for being a shareholder?

Maybe I should pick up a couple shares.

I'm cruising in September.

My wife and I have been on multiple Carnival cruises.

We've never thought about stock, or benefits.

JJ

You get perks for being a shareholder?

Maybe I should pick up a couple shares.

I'm cruising in September.

My wife and I have been on multiple Carnival cruises.

We've never thought about stock, or benefits.

JJ

You need 100 shares to receive the shareholder OBC. Today shares are a tad above $50, so you would need to shell out about $5k + fees.

I am not a professional finance consultant, but it does not seem like this is the best time to buy. Shares have been as low as $42 in the last 6 months.

I emailed in our brokerage account proof to Carnival yesterday AM for our 25JUL Freedom cruise. I received an email response that they received my email but nothing more. Will I receive an email indicating the shareholder OBC has been applied to our S and S account? Also, should we be able to see the OBC in our cruise documents online?

Thanks - first time on Carnival so unsure of how it works

I emailed in our brokerage account proof to Carnival yesterday AM for our 25JUL Freedom cruise. I received an email response that they received my email but nothing more. Will I receive an email indicating the shareholder OBC has been applied to our S and S account? Also, should we be able to see the OBC in our cruise documents online?

Thanks - first time on Carnival so unsure of how it works

You will receive an e-mail - I submitted on Sunday, and when I woke up this morning, I had a confirmation in my e-mail :) -

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ONBOARD CREDIT

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder onboard credit. The credit has been applied to your reservation and will be posted on your sail and sign account.

We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us!

As for being able to see it on your documents, I really don't remember if that is the case or not. It's been almost 2 years since my last cruise. Maybe someone more recent will chime in. I do however, always print a copy of my confirmation on the off-chance that the credit has not been applied (this has never happened to me).

For those saying you need to submit closer to sail date, etc., that is simply untrue. As many have shared here, we are receiving confirmation within a couple of days of submitting, and many of us, are sailing months from now.

Stockholder Credit is not visible on the web site but will print on your paper documents.

I have 3 free cruises booked through the end of the year and submitted my request a couple of days ago. As previously noted free cruises are excluded but if you upgrade a free cruise you can get the credit.

Here is the reply I got;

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder onboard credit. However, we are unable to apply the onboard credit to booking #'s xxxxxx and xxxxxx, as the shareholder credit is not applicable on complimentary or reduced-fare cruises.

We have, however, made the exception to apply the credit to booking # xxxxxx as you have paid additional cruise fare in order to upgrade your cabin. The onboard credit has been applied to your reservation and will be posted on your sail and sign account.

I'm happy!

I generally send the documentation in just after I make final payment. I don't always get a response. I have always carried copies with me on the cruise, but have never needed them. The credit is always applied and visable on the S&S bill on the cabin TV no later than the first morning.

There are actually dates that apply to the shareholder credit. The dates get updated every now and again. Currently, the credit applies for sailings up to July 16, 2016 and reservations made by Feb. 29, 2016.

I applied by mail and heard back within 2 weeks for cruises:

- booked for Aug and paid in full

- booked for Feb and not paid in full

The OBC credit shows up in the statement you can print from your online account.

The credit also applies to all of the cruiselines under the Carnival Corp, not just Carnival cruise line.

Here's a link to the http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Cruise does not have to be paid in full,

Does not have to be a quarterly statement. We just sent in the current daily statement.

We send the report via e-mail and receive a response in a couple of days.

We received the OBC for our February cruise a few weeks ago.

submitted last week for two cruises, one in Sept, the second in Feb 2016. within 24 hours I received notice from Carnival that the OBC was applied to both. I then checked both bookings and found my OBC total updated with the shareholder credit. :)

... I try to remember to send my stuff in, via email. Mostly before final payment, which doesn't matter, if you end of canceling, the OBC is also cancelled. I do it early because I have forgotten in the past :(

I just login to my brokerage with the shares and grab a PDF of my latest statement. I remove all but the page that shows the CCL shares and redact all the unnecessary info. Thankfully our statements include our full names on each page, which makes the process much easier.

This year will be $250 in OBC for us for two Carnival (4 day and 8 day) and a HAL 7 day. I wish I had kept track of all the OBC we've received over the past 10+ years. As other's have said, this is a killer investment that only gets better by cruising and getting the OBC.

So, I can trade on Fidelity for $7.95 per trade. What's to stop me from buying 100 shares of CCL, printing the screen showing I own 100, and selling them back 20 minutes later? It costs me $15.90 in fees, and I qualify for the OBC.

So, I can trade on Fidelity for $7.95 per trade. What's to stop me from buying 100 shares of CCL, printing the screen showing I own 100, and selling them back 20 minutes later? It costs me $15.90 in fees, and I qualify for the OBC.

I believe it'll take a little more than 20 minutes to show up in your holdings, but technically yes you could probably scam the system that way unless they are looking at shareholders of record at the time that they process your request.

Yes, you can do that. But when you sell them 20 minutes later, the price will not be the same. It could be less, or more, but it will not cost you $15.90.

For the record, my CCL stock already gave me more than $1k OBC on Carnival, Princess, and Costa, plus dividends, plus $28k gain on value as of today.

For the record, my CCL stock already gave me more than $1k OBC on Carnival, Princess, and Costa, plus dividends, plus $28k gain on value as of today.

Concur with above! Unless you really need the cash - the OBC benefit plus dividends... Not selling!

I'm assuming if you trade with Fidelity that you must have an active account. That being the case I can't imagine why you would want to buy it immediately sell your stock. Of all the mutual funds stocks etc that I own Carnival has done the best having increased its value by 38% in one year's time and it's expected to go even higher according to investor advisors.