Cheese tray from room service?

flahagan

I had a friend just get back from the Dream, her first cruise on Carnival, and she said there were no hors d'oeuvres on the room service menu, just sandwiches and salads.

We're going on the Breeze in a couple of weeks and we like to order a light snack to have on the balcony late afternoons, usually cheese and grapes or crudites.

Our last Carnival cruise was on the Miracle to Hawaii two years ago and I could swear I remember ordering these items then. Did they change the room service menus when they switched to the American Table?

No biggie, just wondering what to expect.

You can order a cheese & fruit tray from the Fun Shops on the Carnival website prior to embarkation. When you want it delivered to your cabin they will bring it to you fresh. HTH.

Can you request that a cheese and fruit tray ordered from fun shops prior to embark be delivered to your cabin say on the 3rd day of sailing? Just curious, if I wanted to host other guests, etc... a party.

I love having this on the balcony in the late afternoon.

I just run up to the lido deck and make my own little tray (plate) with the cheeses, meats and olives in the buffet area. I make sure to go around 5:30 when the lido is open for dinner.

I just run up to the lido deck and make my own little tray (plate) with the cheeses, meats and olives in the buffet area. I make sure to go around 5:30 when the lido is open for dinner.

Yes, we've done this before also on other ships/lines - sounds like the best option, especially since our cabin is on the Lido deck!

I had a friend just get back from the Dream, her first cruise on Carnival, and she said there were no hors d'oeuvres on the room service menu, just sandwiches and salads.

We're going on the Breeze in a couple of weeks and we like to order a light snack to have on the balcony late afternoons, usually cheese and grapes or crudites.

Our last Carnival cruise was on the Miracle to Hawaii two years ago and I could swear I remember ordering these items then. Did they change the room service menus when they switched to the American Table?

No biggie, just wondering what to expect.

You may order cheese trays or fruit and cheese trays or other food items (canapés, petit fours, etc.) in advance of your cruise from Carnival's Fun Shop. Just place a separate order for each delivery you would like. Each order allows you to specify which day you want it delivered.

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/food-and-desserts

Yes, we've done this before also on other ships/lines - sounds like the best option, especially since our cabin is on the Lido deck!

Well, that's easy peasy! I would love to try a lido balcony. MY DS has one on our up coming Thanksgiving Princess cruise. So convenient!

I just can't see spending $26 for a fruit and cheese platter when I can get it myself in like 5 minutes, but that's just me.

This is a great idea. I have to remember this one :)

My husband always got a cheese plate from the dining room menu for dessert but got it to go and he'd eat in later in our cabin

That's another great idea! I don't do it because I actually want to order dessert every night. :D

Edited by tonit964
spelling error, desert= hot place, dessert= yummy stuff

My husband always got a cheese plate from the dining room menu for dessert but got it to go and he'd eat in later in our cabin

Great idea! I'll have to try this.

It's our first time on Lido deck, not sure how convenient it will be since we're ALL the way at the front of the ship.

We needed two cabins, as we're taking 3 teen grandkids with us and we didn't want to have a fight over who had to stay in an inside (can't afford two balconies). So we have two of them staying in a 4J at the front corner, starboard side, so they'll have a window and that "secret" deck out front, and we're in the first balcony back on the starboard side, so basically next door. The third grandchild will stay in our cabin.

First time on the Breeze, too. Should be an experience, lol!

Can you request that a cheese and fruit tray ordered from fun shops prior to embark be delivered to your cabin say on the 3rd day of sailing? Just curious, if I wanted to host other guests, etc... a party.

When you order prior to embarkation through the Fun Shops, you can pick any day and time-frame for delivery. You will also pre-pay for the item(s).

Edited by Cruzin2paradise09

We started a tradition with our cruise group, and one night before dinner we have a wine, cheese and fruit tasting. We bring our bottles of carry on wine, and get fruit and cheese from the salad bar on the lido deck. Plenty of plates and napkins, and a great evening out on the deck!

Well, that's easy peasy! I would love to try a lido balcony. MY DS has one on our up coming Thanksgiving Princess cruise. So convenient!

I just can't see spending $26 for a fruit and cheese platter when I can get it myself in like 5 minutes, but that's just me.

I've only seen a couple of types of sliced cheese on the buffet, though, unless they've added some new ones recently. No cubed or wedge cheeses like brie or other varieties.

Quicker, easier and better selection in my opinion, than room service.