Wow This New Sale Going On!

Yea the cruise Im going on in August is a little over $1,300 in total now. I bought it sometime last year and I paid $770 in total and I get a $100 OBC. Guess it's good to book way ahead to get a really good deal.

Just checked the prices on our two 2016 cruises. Brilliance in March has doubled for a balcony cabin. We booked early and snagged an aft corner for $439pp. The Harmony TA we booked about a month ago and today the cheapest balcony a D7 is over $600pp higher than our D6.

Our other 2 RCI cruises have gone up but only slightly.

With the new sale our inside on freedom for oct went down $300. Is inside cabin at about $95 per person per day ok? Usually get ov and above and paid about $145 per person per day for those. Our past enchantment cruise this past week was the most at over $200per person per day for a js.

Sorry to get off topic but what is "typical" pricing?

Just checked the prices on our two 2016 cruises. Brilliance in March has doubled for a balcony cabin. We booked early and snagged an aft corner for $439pp. The Harmony TA we booked about a month ago and today the cheapest balcony a D7 is over $600pp higher than our D6.

How many days is the cruise for $439? For a balcony room that is pretty cheap.

With the new sale our inside on freedom for oct went down $300. Is inside cabin at about $95 per person per day ok?

I think that is way too high per person per day for an interior on Freedom but the industry seems to have gotten some pricing power back so that may be the new normal.

I booked the Navigator transatlantic for May 2016 back on April 4th of this year, since then the price for an E1 balcony has gone up by $1100 in total. RCCL have stated they want to offer the best prices to those who book early, and want to sell out ships earlier in the booking cycle. I think we are seeing this strategy working.

Yes indeed, I agree. We have almost always booked early but never like we are now. If I come across one we are interested in at a good early price we are booking it. Booked Navigator in 2017 nearly 2 years out!

I guess you could say I have adopted the "if you snooze you lose booking policy". You can pay me some now or pay me more later! :eek: :)

John and lala what would you say is a good price paid per person per day for an interior room, oceanview and balcony? Seeing what you seasoned cruisers think as we have just started cruising last july but have been on 4 cruises since and have more booked already.

Nice! Glad some people were able to get deals.

I'm sure they can do this now because all the real suites are sold out, but two junior suites on our April 2016 Adventure sailing are more expensive than the two owners suites we booked a while back... whew!

John and lala what would you say is a good price paid per person per day for an interior room, oceanview and balcony? Seeing what you seasoned cruisers think as we have just started cruising last july but have been on 4 cruises since and have more booked already.

FWIW, I'm hardly an authority, but thanks for your faith. There are a couple things to keep in mind about us. Laura cruises solo a lot. We live at our favorite cruise port. We avoid summer and holidays.

We have had a price point of $1000 a week for solo on Freedom inside. It has held pretty good for a while. However, she is doing September this year and it is more than $1300. This includes tips usually but no insurance.

We don't do OV unless we have to, so I really don't know what price should be. I really see no benefit to OV anyway

Balcony usually ends up being JS. We get a decent C&A discount, anywhere from $150 - $350 depending on length. We have a March 2016 JS right at 2 grand, but that is crazy cheap. We are probably good up to 3 grand for a week.

Hope this helps, having no air or lodging probably allows us to absorb some expense. But I live on a beach so we really don't even need to cruise anymore.

1435804867493.jpg.476ccd598da1e3a65fdb48238f2808be.jpg

I forgot, you wanted per day

$80 inside, $150-$175 balcony, $175 - $250 for JS

GS Solo - $295 (triple points :D)

RS - $440

Ok thanks for your numbers. I guesss the price i have been paying is ok. I was ok with the price for cabin and was checking to make sure prices were in the right range. I just keep reading all the cheaper deals everyone else have posted. Just wanted to make sure i wasn't over paying to much.

Don't you get triple points for JS also? Is your price per day without port fees and taxes? Thanks for the help.

Ok thanks for your numbers. I guesss the price i have been paying is ok. I was ok with the price for cabin and was checking to make sure prices were in the right range. I just keep reading all the cheaper deals everyone else have posted. Just wanted to make sure i wasn't over paying to much.

Don't you get triple points for JS also? Is your price per day without port fees and taxes? Thanks for the help.

Correct on JS. The GS was only about $400 more than the JS for 14 days. Prices include all taxes and fees. Includes tips on balcony and better