Volume on pool deck

My boyfriend and I have been on two cruises. One on Carnival one on another line. The one on the other line was a 7 night and we loved it. The one on Carnival was only 3 nights and there were a few issues that still get mentioned when the idea of another cruise comes up. Most of them I think can be contributed to the length of the cruise. Way more kids running around, and unfortunatly they didnt have a problem running into people either, and it seemed like there was more of a "booze cruise" feel to it. Different lengthes of trips will attract diffrent people, I hope. I am willing to give Carnival another chance, especially for the price I am seeing for some of the iteneraries we are intrested in. There was one issue that could keep us off of Carnival for good..... the volume of the muisc on the pool deck. Well really the volume of anything Carnival was doing on the pool deck. It was so loud. I like being around the main pools. I like the energy the excitment. But I also like my hearing. Did we just get a paticularly loud ship? For thoes of you that have been on muiltple Carnival cruises has the pool deck volume been faily consistant from ship to ship or does to vary? Unfortunatly I do not remeber the name of the ship.

The lido sound is set for the times when it's crowded. Doesn't change seem to during the day.

Be aware of where the speakers are. Different areas aren't as loud. Go up one level. Can hear what's going on without it being too loud.

My boyfriend and I have been on two cruises. One on Carnival one on another line. The one on the other line was a 7 night and we loved it. The one on Carnival was only 3 nights and there were a few issues that still get mentioned when the idea of another cruise comes up. Most of them I think can be contributed to the length of the cruise. Way more kids running around, and unfortunatly they didnt have a problem running into people either, and it seemed like there was more of a "booze cruise" feel to it. Different lengthes of trips will attract diffrent people, I hope. I am willing to give Carnival another chance, especially for the price I am seeing for some of the iteneraries we are intrested in. There was one issue that could keep us off of Carnival for good..... the volume of the muisc on the pool deck. Well really the volume of anything Carnival was doing on the pool deck. It was so loud. I like being around the main pools. I like the energy the excitment. But I also like my hearing. Did we just get a paticularly loud ship? For thoes of you that have been on muiltple Carnival cruises has the pool deck volume been faily consistant from ship to ship or does to vary? Unfortunatly I do not remeber the name of the ship.

You did not just get a particularly loud ship. Lots of Carnival passengers have been complaining about the volume on Lido deck the past few years. Carnival's Brand Ambassador informed everyone on his social media page that the volume would come down, but apparently no one told the ships. There has also been a big issue about Carnival doing away with the live Calypso music on Lido and replacing it with blaring DJ music. Apparently certain Carnival beards think that Carnival passengers are the same audience that show up for Miami Heat games that use the same DJ service. So out of touch.....

That being said, 3 day cruises do have a reputation of being booze cruises, attracting a very different clientele than a 7 day cruise does. So you should compare apples to apples before making up your mind. The port of embarkation also makes a difference.

Yeah that what I am trying to do. Trying to figure out what about the two cruises are brand standard, qualityn of food, staff ect and what would be itinerary, packs of roving tweens, packs of rooving frat boys ect. Just wonding if the Volume was a brand issue or an iteneray issue, sounds like it was a brand thing :mad:

Yeah that what I am trying to do. Trying to figure out what about the two cruises are brand standard, qualityn of food, staff ect and what would be itinerary, packs of roving tweens, packs of rooving frat boys ect. Just wonding if the Volume was a brand issue or an iteneray issue, sounds like it was a brand thing :mad:

Loud yes but we are 74 & 77 that makes a difference. :D

Kids -don't go while school is out you are just asking for a bunch of kids running around. Fewer on the longer cruises. The port makes a big difference also.

Love the staff & crew on the Sensation BUT oh my goodness the kids & the drunks on the short cruise. :eek:

Char

Agree that the music is usually too loud around the main pool. We typically go in the mornings and leave late-morning before lunch and before the music gets turned up and the drinkers come out in droves. (We don't have a problem with drinking; it just gets a bit rambunctious!). We usually will eat lunch and then go to a quieter pool/are for the afternoon or find other activities to do. I wish they would turn it down a bit and I've disliked the loud music since my late 20s when I started cruising Carnival!

Kids -don't go while school is out you are just asking for a bunch of kids running around. Fewer on the longer cruises. The port makes a big difference also.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that some ports that you sail out of tend to have less kids? I'd that correct? If so, can I ask what ports those are? My husband and I prefer to sail with the least amount of kids possible.

Edited by bakersdozen12

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that some ports that you sail out of tend to have less kids? I'd that correct? If so, can I ask what ports those are? My husband and I prefer to sail with the least amount of kids possible.

You can find lots of cruises with less kids. We sail almost exclusively out of the West Coast.

Longer cruises even four day M-F or 7 day during the school year have less kids. Longer cruises will have even less kids. Our 15 day HI cruise last October on the Miracle had about 2 dozen kids, the Princess 9 day MR (January) & 10 day MR (March) had even less. Only a handful on our March Princess CA Coastal. Very few teens, mostly young elementary aged kids.

A three day cruise over a holiday weekend in February will have lots of kids.

Edited by SadieN

I totally agree with what's been said about the shorter the cruise the more "booze cruise" the atmosphere. It's as though the passengers feel frantic that they must squeeze in as much "Fun" as possible in the 3 or 4 days. If relaxation is the goal, 7-10 day cruises have a different, calmer vibe than the short ones.

Having started cruising while I was still teaching school (and could only go when schools were on vacation) we now try to go when school is in session which dramatically cuts back on the number of kids. I wonder too, (when schools are in session), if because of the smaller number of participants in the Kids programs, the staff can provide a more personal, more engaging program which would mean kids would be spending more time there than running around. We've found this to be true on other lines besides CCL.

We're booked on a 5 day out of Charleston next spring but scheduled it for between schools' Spring Breaks and Summer vacations.

we are sailing on Halloween for a 14 night cruise on the Glory. I hope its calm. Thank god for the aft pool and serenity deck!

When we were on the MSC Divina this past November, it was soooo nice. No loud music, no blarring loud speaker games and the Captain never came on the loud speaker unless absolutely necessary. I loved the MSC Divina - gorgeous, stunning ship and calm cool atmosphere.

No one bothered you for drinks. Heck, if you wanted a drink, all you had to do was alert someone whilst in your lounger. It was so nice and a refreshing change :)

There's something else you can try. You can purchase a nice pair of earplugs. I'm not talking the cheap foam kind you would use for construction or sleeping, but a more professional pair that someone who is in the music industry would use to protect their hearing.

For instance, I own a pair of earplugs from "Etymotic Research" and they aren't really high-end.. they probably cost the same as a mixed drink you'd buy on the ship. They are designed to lower the volume while not reducing the sound quality that you hear. I purchased them to go to concerts at a venue that is known to have much higher volume than usual. They work great, you can hear everything -- just at a much lower level, and after a while you don't even realize you're using them.

Edited by wlc108

There is little sense in the volume they turn the music. I use the same db meter app and software those DJ's use and they have all shared 110db peak is what the goal is. It sells more liquor.

It also creates a bawdy mess for those with underage girls that want to use the pool. We've seen it, experienced it but ours is 25.

The past 8-10 cruises on every ship with the big screen is an afternoon disaster.

Edited by BallFour4

Lots of cruisers have a problem besides the music being loud, they and myself would like to see the live island music brought back (also a lot quieter ). As for the length of cruise. The 7 day and longer are not party type cruises. There is a wide range of ages. There are nice areas away fron the pool that the music is not so loud.