Which Return Flight Would You BooK?

Jobro2

We'll be on the 6/17 Western Caribbean Princess leaving out of FLL...we have the choice of 2 returning flights..11:55 and 2:05. We'd really like to take the earlier one, but was worried of it would be difficult to make this time. We've never cruised out of FLL, and are not familiar with their security/check in times..which would you suggest???

If it was me, I would go with the 11:55 flight. I usually make 11:30 flights and have always had enough time to make it and be bored at the airport. There are always exceptions, but I think you are safe with the 11:55 flight.

On most days you would have no problems making the 11:55 flight. The airport is only about 10 minutes from the port by taxi. All you have to do is show your itinerary to the people at Guest Services and they will put you in the early disembarkation groups. We have been off the ship and cooling our heels at the airport before 10 AM when we have gone through FLL.

I think it also depends on what day June 17 is. If it is on a Sunday that can be a zoo and alot of ships are in port for disembarkation. Ours was on a Sunday and you cannot believe the zoo at the airport going through security. Our plane did leave on time at 12:30 p.m. but it was extrememly close. You would probably make it at 11:55 during the week but maybe rethink if it is on a weekend. Good luck.

Marilyn

I just looked at the cruise ship schedule for the 24th - there are only 2 ships in port that day (Caribbean and Enchantment of the Seas). I think with it being summer, there are fewer ships in port....... I think you will be fine.

Mii's advice is definitely good if there are many ships in port. 2 is pretty low.

If you can be one of the first off the ship then go for it - if not then I would go with the later flight. Just got off the CB yesterday and was able to get off about 10am but getting to your luggage and then waiting in the customs line was forever. We were lucky enough to share a porter with someone else and made it to the airport by 11am since we had prearranged transportation to the pier and they were right there waiting for us!

OK, count me as the one contrary Nervous Nellie.:p (2 hours vs. $ of non-refundable vs. $$$full fare same day ticket, Hmmmm) If it were me, I would take the later flight. I never book before noon, having been delayed on 2 out of 6 disembarkations, but neither were Princess. I hate spending the whole morning wondering if we are going to make it, or if there will be lines, or if there is enough time left.

That said, if you want the early flight, there is a better than good chance you will make it. Just be sure you know what your options are should you miss it and fully evaluate how much it might cost you. Most airlines with non-refundable tickets require that you cancel before the scheduled departure in order to transfer the ticket to a later flight, if at all. Be sure you understand the fine print and the airline policy.

Archived