Curious how RCL does guaranty assignments

I was checking out my upcoming cruise today and it looks like there's not much availability left across all categories. I saw that for balconies, if you select that option, it just says Guaranteed. The next category up is the JS - you have the Guarantee option, plus if you want to choose your cabin, there are three available, all WC accessible.

So does that mean that most likely if you booked a balcony guarantee, you will be upgraded to a JS? And probably a larger JS as the only three JS showing available are the accessible ones, which are typically larger. We are in a GS, but this got me wondering if we should have waited to book and maybe scored a JS off a balcony guarantee. :)

No...it doesn't mean that at all! It means that they could move those who paid full price into something better, so you can get the least they guaranteed you.

I, personally, would NOT want an HC JS...no tub..and a roll-in shower...not what I want in a suite.

Keep your fingers crossed for something better than you booked, but don't hold your breath!

Good points all. I saw there are 3 OS cabins still available....maybe they'll upgrade our GS to OS for free if they can do a paid upsell for our cabin, lol! :) Just joking - I think that's highly unlikely. I remember on our first cruise on Holland America in 2011, we did a deluxe verandah suite guarantee (the lowest of the full suites) and were upgraded from SC (the lowest) to SA (the highest). Cabin cost $600 more pp so that was a good upgrade. But increasingly, that sounds like a one-time lucky thing.