EZ Air question

jonikal

I've made reservations through EZ air for our cruise out of Copenhagen next year. We have nonstop flights on SAS from EWR-CPH. The quoted price from EZ Air is a little over $100 less than what I get when I book the same flights through SAS website. Not a big deal given the price of the whole trip.

My question is- can I pay for the tickets for myself and my husband now (we are definitely going) and leave my daughter's trip as a reservation until we have to pay? She isn't sure she's coming with us, but will need to decide before final payment. If we can, what are the chances we'll get the same flights we have "booked"? And will the price be different?

Thanks in advance for the info!

I've made reservations through EZ air for our cruise out of Copenhagen next year. We have nonstop flights on SAS from EWR-CPH. The quoted price from EZ Air is a little over $100 less than what I get when I book the same flights through SAS website. Not a big deal given the price of the whole trip.

My question is- can I pay for the tickets for myself and my husband now (we are definitely going) and leave my daughter's trip as a reservation until we have to pay? She isn't sure she's coming with us, but will need to decide before final payment. If we can, what are the chances we'll get the same flights we have "booked"? And will the price be different?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the above question.

Thanks.

VLPSH...

If your DD cannot or has not decided, please do not let yourselves be held hostage to ifs or maybes. If the plan is for three in a cabin you might consider removing her from your booking and then book air for two. Then if she decides to go you can add her to the booking again and see if EZ-air can get her there.

Steve

VLPSH...

If your DD cannot or has not decided, please do not let yourselves be held hostage to ifs or maybes. If the plan is for three in a cabin you might consider removing her from your booking and then book air for two. Then if she decides to go you can add her to the booking again and see if EZ-air can get her there.

Steve

When I made the reservations for Ez air, I made my husband and I on one reservation and my daughter on a different one. I was wondering if we could pay for the reservation made for my husband and me but leave the one for my daughter until final payment when she decides if she is coming. That was my original question. Thanks for your thoughts.

I called Princess today because I noticed a change in flight time when checking the prices of the flights that I have "booked" with EZ Air. I asked my question of the rep on the phone- What price do I pay when the air is actually booked? She said I will pay whatever the price is when I booked it. If it goes down, I have to cancel and rebook it, within 45 days of the cruise at no fee.

So, I'm trusting the process and will continue to check the prices and availability.

If anyone has any other insight, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks.

She said I will pay whatever the price is when I booked it. If it goes down, I have to cancel and rebook it, within 45 days of the cruise at no fee.

So, I'm trusting the process and will continue to check the prices and availability.

Did she confirm if the "no fee" part means you pay no fee to EZ Air, or no fee to the airline, or both? If EZ Air has, at that point, actually booked and paid for your ticket, the airline's ticket restrictions might require a change fee even if EZ Air does not charge their own change fee. Might be worth clarifying that if you haven't already.

VLPSH...

Steve

I would not advise this. If the ship fills up, even if you have a cabin that holds three, you wouldn't be able to add her.

I would not advise this. If the ship fills up, even if you have a cabin that holds three, you wouldn't be able to add her.

That's why we decided to start with her as our third and we can drop her before final payment if she can't go. Although it looks like she will be coming as of now. We even made 2 separate reservations with EZ Air, so we can just cancel her flight if we need to.

Did she confirm if the "no fee" part means you pay no fee to EZ Air, or no fee to the airline, or both? If EZ Air has, at that point, actually booked and paid for your ticket, the airline's ticket restrictions might require a change fee even if EZ Air does not charge their own change fee. Might be worth clarifying that if you haven't already.

As long as we haven't been ticketed there is no fee. Once the ticket is issued we will have to pay airline fees, I am assuming.

As long as we haven't been ticketed there is no fee. Once the ticket is issued we will have to pay airline fees, I am assuming.

That would be my assumption as well, just wanted to make sure you understood that there were two parties involved to whom you might have to pay fees, depending on the circumstances, so even if one says no fees, the other might not. :)

That would be my assumption as well, just wanted to make sure you understood that there were two parties involved to whom you might have to pay fees, depending on the circumstances, so even if one says no fees, the other might not. :)

Thanks, Meg. I'm just hoping that when we do finally pay for the tickets we have the same flights and seats we have booked now. Seems like we won't know that until the time we pay.

Thanks, Meg. I'm just hoping that when we do finally pay for the tickets we have the same flights and seats we have booked now. Seems like we won't know that until the time we pay.

Yep, one of several downsides of purchasing airline tickets from the cruise line. Enjoy your trip!

Edited by waterbug123

• 4 months later...

I called Princess to look at alternatives to our booked EZ air flights. The agent deleted our reservations and was not able to retrieve them. She booked us on a much earlier arrival because she said, since our flight was now "gone" that was our best choice. Several phone calls ( and hours on hold) I was told that our original flight was once again available but would cost $108 more, despite the fact that it was their error.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app