Email Address for Celebrity CEO

gimletgal

During today's live chat with Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, she was asked for an address like the one we used to contact Michael Bayley at.

CC Chris said it would be posted, but it never was. Does anyone have any idea what the new contact email might be?

From CC Forums: Your predecessor set up an email address so that folks could contact him (actually his staff) directly if they had a problem or suggestion that couldn't be handled by any other function. That id: contactmichael@celebrity.com was actually quite helpful to some with unusual issues and as an outlet for frustration. Often those emails resulted in a personal call back from a staff member. That ID has been turned off. Are you, or would you consider reactivating that concept with a "contactlisa@celebrity.com" email?

by Cruise Critic Chris 12:55 PM ↑3

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

Every email that is addressed to me gets my personal attention. So if you send an email for my attention, I read it and it is personally handled.

12:56 PM

Cruise Critic Chris

Hi there - Lisa is sending over an email address now :)

1:02 PM

There has to my knowledge been no posting of a contact address for her. I am not holding my breath that there will be one forthcoming. She claimed to respond to any sent directly to he but that claim has been vigorously denied but a CC poster in a current thread.

During today's live chat with Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, she was asked for an address like the one we used to contact Michael Bayley at.

CC Chris said it would be posted, but it never was. Does anyone have any idea what the new contact email might be?

From CC Forums: Your predecessor set up an email address so that folks could contact him (actually his staff) directly if they had a problem or suggestion that couldn't be handled by any other function. That id: contactmichael@celebrity.com was actually quite helpful to some with unusual issues and as an outlet for frustration. Often those emails resulted in a personal call back from a staff member. That ID has been turned off. Are you, or would you consider reactivating that concept with a "contactlisa@celebrity.com" email?

by Cruise Critic Chris 12:55 PM ↑3

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

Every email that is addressed to me gets my personal attention. So if you send an email for my attention, I read it and it is personally handled.

12:56 PM

Cruise Critic Chris

Hi there - Lisa is sending over an email address now :)

1:02 PM

Not sure, but I think you can use the email we already have and in the subject section place her name/attention LIsa Lutoff-Perlo.

Worst case scenario, no response from her directly, best case scenario she responds directly...

thanks for following up on this, chris. It is very much appreciated. And thank you also for the great job you did during the live chat yesterday in keeping things flowing!

a+++++

If she really wanted to give us her email address, we would have had it long before now.

She could have posted it right in the live chat where she was doing all that typing.

I am guessing that she will probably create a new one to use just for this purpose (if she has not done it already) so that her regular business and personal email addresses will not be bombarded with mail from message board readers.

But still, it only takes a minute or so to create a new email address and that is something she easily could have delegated to an assistant to do for her.

By now, she is probably regretting ever having posting that every email addressed to her gets her personal attention. :eek:

If she really wanted to give us her email address, we would have had it long before now.

She could have posted it right in the live chat where she was doing all that typing.

I am guessing that she will probably create a new one to use just for this purpose (if she has not done it already) so that her regular business and personal email addresses will not be bombarded with mail from message board readers.

But still, it only takes a minute or so to create a new email address and that is something she easily could have delegated to an assistant to do for her.

By now, she is probably regretting ever having posting that every email addressed to her gets her personal attention. :eek:

Was on a 5 day X cruise when many Celebrity types were on board for a conference. Group included a number of captains and hotel directors as well as marketing and sales types. Lisa, freshly appointed, was on board but removed her name tag so "not to be recognized" by guests. Didn't want to be constantly bothered. Strange, eh?

Not strange at all......obviously the company has some problems and they are trying to over come them. From what I see they have not done a very good job on the web site and other IT issues and they know it. By and large most of us still enjoy traveling with Celebrity but.....if they don't get the major IT issues fixed soon, there will be more backlash from customers. I know I don't rely on their web site for anything anymore, other than some general information. If they can't fix it, I guess I will keep letting them pay commissions to my TA.

I've often wondered why people would want to write a CEO about a personal issue/ problem. Most CEOs never see most of the emails as they usually employ a team to screen them. I've found it much more effective to find out the name, phone ane email of the person who is most likely to make a decision. Personal calls seem to work best for me as they are treated much more seriously. I must say that I've had very few complaints, but when I have they've been addressed promptly. Just count how many times a question like the subject of this thread has been posed and you'll see how answering questions and resolving problems would leave any CEO little if any time to handle business. One's goal should always be to just get a fair hearing for complaints. Frustration is often part of the process, but should not be the basis of a complaint.

Celebrity is a multi billion ( fill in the currency of your choice) business, same as many other businesses, so if you buy a Toyota and have problems with it, you expect to get the phone number or email from the Toyota CEO?

From Wall Mart, Benz, American Airlines? Coca Cola? If you have problems with them ?

She would have nothing else be doing than reading / answering emails or answering her mobile phone if she gives out addresses / numbers to everyone :cool:.

Small hotel operation or small business, the GM's / Directors can handle guest contact. But even in a 500 + rooms hotel the GM is rarely seen talking to guests, mostly only VIP's and without a name tag as well :cool:.

I've often wondered why people would want to write a CEO about a personal issue/ problem. Most CEOs never see most of the emails as they usually employ a team to screen them. I've found it much more effective to find out the name, phone ane email of the person who is most likely to make a decision. Personal calls seem to work best for me as they are treated much more seriously. I must say that I've had very few complaints, but when I have they've been addressed promptly. Just count how many times a question like the subject of this thread has been posed and you'll see how answering questions and resolving problems would leave any CEO little if any time to handle business. One's goal should always be to just get a fair hearing for complaints. Frustration is often part of the process, but should not be the basis of a complaint.

If my personal experience is a guide. Using the direct email to the president does bring results you don't get elsewhere. Of course Michael Bayley did not handle my issues personally. I'm very happy he had a team of dedicated people handling customer issues.

Me thinks Lisa should do the same...:cool:

Last yera, we ran into a problem on our cruise that could not be fixed during the course of the cfruise. It didn't spoil the cruise, but it did detract. We also spent an extraordinary amount of time at guest services. They kept asking s to come back, or call, etc and never followed through.

Upon our return, I wrote a letter directly to customer service with Michael Bailey on copy. Within 1 week I received a call from his office offering us a very fair accomodation for our trouble.

The fact that the company was willing to make ammends was probably one of the things I liked more than anything about Celebrity.

I have cruised a lot over many years. The only other time I felt it necessary to write to the cruise line was Princess. And this was a serious situation involving security and my underage daughter. The response I got was poorly written, grammatically incorrect, and contentious in tone. We have not been back since.

Was on a 5 day X cruise when many Celebrity types were on board for a conference. Group included a number of captains and hotel directors as well as marketing and sales types. Lisa, freshly appointed, was on board but removed her name tag so "not to be recognized" by guests. Didn't want to be constantly bothered. Strange, eh?

Not strange at all, she needed to get business at hand done with her staff and not be overly distracted by having cruisers wanting her to handle every peeve they brought up to her.

Not strange at all, just a proactive measure so she had the opportunity to interact with her staff and settle whatever issues she saw overall in the company and not any particular sailing.

Just my thoughts on it..

Edited by Bo1953

If my personal experience is a guide. Using the direct email to the president does bring results you don't get elsewhere. Of course Michael Bayley did not handle my issues personally. I'm very happy he had a team of dedicated people handling customer issues.

Me thinks Lisa should do the same...:cool:

It is a good PR strategy to appear directly interested in helping your customers and for that reason alone, I agree should create a personal email as did Bayley. The "concerns" email address works well as the screeners direct the problem to the correct department, but sometimes appearances matter.

It is a good PR strategy to appear directly interested in helping your customers and for that reason alone, I agree should create a personal email as did Bayley. The "concerns" email address works well as the screeners direct the problem to the correct department, but sometimes appearances matter.

Concur with this thought...

I have better results asking for Executive Assistant to CEO.

I, personally, will never write an email to the Celebrity CEO. I can handle any issue without the need to bother to the head of a company. This CEO is an accountant and to help improve the accounting industry image, she should follow through with an email access.