JULY 2015 update : HAL charters, dry docks and groups schedule

CJcruzer

I just called to inquire about the group on our cruise,

(FYI, in case anyone else wants to do the same:

Group Administration

Email: Groups@HollandAmerica.com

Phone: 1‐888‐425‐9477

Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm)

and I was told that they couldn't tell me how big the group was - just that it "shouldn't" impact the cruise activities.

I guess we shall see!

That's upsetting. Seems their in denial of the impact large groups can have on the rest.

I received the same response. In addition, I was told:

We have large groups onboard all the time and it’s never an issue for other guests. These private parties and events are scheduled during times that would not interrupt the daily schedule.

Now, we know that isn't true.

That's a pretty bad lie. Is it in writing? If so, examples of cruises where regularly scheduled shows/events were cancelled for a group's activities and this statement from HAL need to be brought to a higher up at HAL. I'd definitely want a copy of that statement if I was on one of the affected cruises.

GROUPS ONBOARD

Amsterdam : 02 August 2015 - 09 August 2015 : Alaska : Inspiration cruises : Gaither Homecoming & friends Christian group

Westerdam : 20 February 2016 - 27 February 2016 : Caribbean : Inspiration cruises : Sandi Patty & Friends

I was looking at the charterer's website for an obscure reason (don't ask!) and noticed a couple of things which I hope may help.

I wonder whether the first of these cruises (on Amsterdam) is (or is now) a full charter. It's off sale on the HAL website, but the week before and the week after are still on sale. It's possible that this may just be that because of the large group, HAL has sold out - but I wonder whether anyone knows whether this is now a full charter.

The second of these cruises is probably correctly a group, as far as I can see, because that week is still on sale. However, there is another Gaither Homecoming cruise on Westerdam the following week (27 February 2016 - 05 March 2016), and this is off sale - so possibly a full charter that week.

That's a pretty bad lie. Is it in writing? If so, examples of cruises where regularly scheduled shows/events were cancelled for a group's activities and this statement from HAL need to be brought to a higher up at HAL. I'd definitely want a copy of that statement if I was on one of the affected cruises.

I have it as an email and I'm saving it.

Debbie