Some small Koningsdam dining updates

InTheWASide

Passengers have the iPads but you don't order with them. They act as menus and the server comes to take your order as normal.

I approve of the iPad idea for a menu; very much tech up-to-date. But....

I patronize a national steakhouse chain which uses the iPad for their wine list of 200 bottles. Cumbersome to use is the most charitable thing that I can say about it. Lots of good information about the wines, once it works correctly.

I hope HAL's iPad innovation will work more smoothly.

Passengers have the iPads but you don't order with them. They act as menus and the server comes to take your order as normal.

Yeah, that would annoy the heck out of me. I have problems with touch-screens recognizing my touch. The last thing I want is to be frustrated trying to order dinner when a paper menu would be easy.

Just because the technology is available does not mean it's the best option in every situation.

Yeah, that would annoy the heck out of me. I have problems with touch-screens recognizing my touch. The last thing I want is to be frustrated trying to order dinner when a paper menu would be easy.

Just because the technology is available does not mean it's the best option in every situation.

I'm tech savvy and love my toys, including my iPad, but I (reluctantly) agree with you on this. There are some things, like wine lists, that would perhaps benefit from the ability to provide additional information not practical for printed lists, but it's unnecessary for a ship's food menu.