Forward ocean view cabins

Moriah

Can anyone who's had experience with the Eurodam or N.Amsterdam forward facing ocean view cabins give some opinions on those? I have just booked the Koningsdam in a cabin that looks similar to 1001 through 1004 on those other ships (on K-Dam it's deck 7, though). Are these desirable cabins? I realize the location is far from anything all the way at the stern end, but I use the spa a lot - I'll be getting a week pass to the thermal suite and pool - so I actually like being forward.. Anyway, any thoughts or experiences would be welcome and appreciated!

Edited by Moriah

Can anyone who's had experience with the Eurodam or N.Amsterdam forward facing ocean view cabins give some opinions on those? I have just booked the Koningsdam in a cabin that looks similar to 1001 through 1004 on those other ships (on K-Dam it's deck 7, though). Are these desirable cabins? I realize the location is far from anything all the way at the stern end, but I use the spa a lot - I'll be getting a week pass to the thermal suite and pool - so I actually like being forward.. Anyway, any thoughts or experiences would be welcome and appreciated!

On Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam those forward oceanview rooms up top are HUGE compared to regular oceanview. The windows are also much larger. I think they're great.

On Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam those forward oceanview rooms up top are HUGE compared to regular oceanview. The windows are also much larger. I think they're great.

This sounds wonderful! Thank you! I hope the ones on the K-dam are similar. I guess I won't know for sure until someone posts after the first sailing... meanwhile I booked 7004 and hope for the best...:)

... meanwhile I booked 7004 and hope for the best...:)
Judging just by pictures and deck plans, I don't think the K'dam 7001-7004 windows are as large as the Signature 10001 to 10004 windows (3 ft by 5 ft) or the K'dam deck 10 or 11 forward-facing.

Edited by jtl513

Be aware that the drapes/shades need to be completely closed in the forward facing cabins if you have lights on in the cabin at night. Otherwise the light will be a problem for those on the Bridge. Their night vision trumps your desire to have the curtains open. ;)

Judging just by pictures and deck plans, I don't think the K'dam 7001-7004 windows are as large as the Signature 10001 to 10004 windows (3 ft by 5 ft) or the K'dam deck 10 or 11 forward-facing.

good catch jtl

Moriah my apologies, I thought you were referring to those on decks 10 or 11 which are wider (at least on Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam)

good catch jtl

Moriah my apologies, I thought you were referring to those on decks 10 or 11 which are wider (at least on Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam)

No problem - nobody really knows what's up yet, but I'm confused about deck 10 or 11? Are there forward facing ocean views there on Koningsdam?

No problem - nobody really knows what's up yet, but I'm confused about deck 10 or 11? Are there forward facing ocean views there on Koningsdam?

Yes. Category CQ spa oceanview on deck 10 and category D regular oceanview (not spa) on Deck 11

Hmmm, thanks, I'm going to ask my TA about rates on those...

Deck 11 is same category so just a lateral move if available.

Category CQ on deck 10 is up 2 categories so there would be an increase in price but I suspect a rather small one

I had cabin 6002 on Westerdam. I liked the layout (not sure what it will be like on Koningsdam). Closing the curtains at night bothered me at first but I would sneak a peak when my lights were out and you really could not see anything anyway.

The cabin was not too bad for getting to places near the front of the ship. It was a hike to the MDR or the Lido but it was good exercise. I liked the cabin enough to book it again for my next cruise.

For what it's worth, I will post a few pictures from tapatalk.

I had cabin 6002 on Westerdam. I liked the layout (not sure what it will be like on Koningsdam). Closing the curtains at night bothered me at first but I would sneak a peak when my lights were out and you really could not see anything anyway.

The cabin was not too bad for getting to places near the front of the ship. It was a hike to the MDR or the Lido but it was good exercise. I liked the cabin enough to book it again for my next cruise.

For what it's worth, I will post a few pictures from tapatalk.

having seen Scrapnana's cabin on the crawl, it was very different and very unique. We really liked it and I suspect many would say it was the highlight of the crawl.

It was very different and loved the layout.

there is a website (not permitted to name it here) where it is shown.

Edited by kazu

I am booked in CQ 10003 on Koningsdam Christening cruise next May 9. Usually don't spend that much, esp as songle payying double but heck, new ship, have a treat with spa cabin. The Hal personal cruise planner suggested it and said is really really large. Looking forward. Have had spa pass before but not spa cabin.

Here's a comparison for you from Eurodam/Nieuw Amsterdam:

Standard oceanview found all over deck 1

HAL_ED_EU_ov_flrplan.jpg

CQ 10001 on Eurodam

ed_97.jpg

As you can see the room is significantly wider and the window much larger as well.

While we don't yet have PROOF that will be the case on Koningsdam, reviewing the deck plan and knowing that the rooms are usually to scale I would expect this to be the case here as well.

Thanks for that! Okay after consulting with my wonderful TA I am on the waiting list for category QA and I changed my booking to an ocean view on main deck. TA confirmed that those are larger.

Thanks for that! Okay after consulting with my wonderful TA I am on the waiting list for category QA and I changed my booking to an ocean view on main deck. TA confirmed that those are larger.

Oceanviews on main deck? The only ones that would be larger are the family oceanview rooms (category FA or FB) and they are larger as they can hold 5 and have the 2nd bathroom.

Oceanviews on main deck? The only ones that would be larger are the family oceanview rooms (category FA or FB) and they are larger as they can hold 5 and have the 2nd bathroom.

Apparently they are significantly larger than the one I had booked on deck seven facing forward. I'll try to get the actual dimensions from my TA.

The Cat D cabin I was in forward facing on deck 7 is 175 sq ft.

The Cat C (on the main deck) is 191 sq. Ft. And the cost is 64.00 more pp.

I changed to the latter and am wait listed for the ones on deck 10 and 11. TA wasn't sure if dimensions of those.

• 1 year later...
I am booked in CQ 10003 on Koningsdam Christening cruise next May 9. Usually don't spend that much, esp as songle payying double but heck, new ship, have a treat with spa cabin. The Hal personal cruise planner suggested it and said is really really large. Looking forward. Have had spa pass before but not spa cabin.

We have this cabin booked for April 2017. Do you happen to have any photos of the cabin? Would you mind sharing your experience in this cabin. Thanks for your input!

• 2 weeks later...

duplicate

Edited by Lady Arwen