another wedding question

ma_t_gus

So my friend has a wedding reception on the Breeze at 1pm but we were suppose to be at the port by 10, I guess to register and check in. All of their guests are cruising. They paid for the reception for 50 guests (adults) which I'm guessing is the list. My wife and I are on the list but my teen kids aren't (we are all in the same stateroom). Common sense tells me that all four of us should be able to register and board with the wedding party, they jsut can't go to the reception at 1. The 64k question. Do you think we will have problems boarding early with the kids? What's the process from getting to the port until the reception at 1pm.

Carnival will move the post if they feel it needs to be moved. Are your children minors? If they aren't, I would doubt they would be able to board with you, but if they are, I am sure they will be able to as they can't go on the ship without a parent or guardian.

My understanding on our wedding cruise a few years ago, if your name isn't on the list, you aren't going on board. However, if you have kids, I would assume they would want to keep you together. You should just call carnival wedding planners and ask!

If it is only a wedding reception and it doesn't start until 1,why would you need to be there at 10? I REALLY doubt you will board at 10. Who told you to be there at 10?

I don't see a reason for priority boarding at all.

You get on board, hang around until 12:50 and go to where the reception is being held.

How old are your teens? What is the plans for them while you are in the reception they can not go to?

As for your children being able to board with you, yes they will be able to do that.

If it is only a wedding reception and it doesn't start until 1,why would you need to be there at 10? I REALLY doubt you will board at 10. Who told you to be there at 10?

You get on board, hang around until 12:50 and go to where the reception is being held.

How old are your teens? What is the plans for them while you are in the reception they can not go to?

As for your children being able to board with you, yes they will be able to do that.

That's how the weddings work. Get everyone on first. For the bridal party it's to get ready, everyone else gets to roam the ship. Check out the Honeymoon and Wedding Board.

That's how the weddings work. Get everyone on first. For the bridal party it's to get ready, everyone else gets to roam the ship. Check out the Honeymoon and Wedding Board.

I thought that was when they get married on board.

It is true I do not know a lot about wedding parties on carnival because I stay as far away from them as possible.

Two biggest fights I ever seen onboard were wedding parties. One on carnival, one on NCL. Both times I witnessed it from the start and the one on NCL I was actually thrown to the ground, or marble floor, so I steer clear of wedding parties. Too old now to let that happen again.

If your kids are minors, they will be able to board with you. If not, probably not (try to get Faster to the Fun if they are not minors).

Weddings get to board first, and that includes all wedding guests. For our daughter's wedding, our group was the first to board. We were told to be there by 10, but it was closer to 11 when we embarked.

For the wedding party, there is a lot to do before the ceremony. For the others, lunch on lido and checking out the ship.

Thankfully, there were no fists and cuffs. Just a short, lovely ceremony followed by a fun-filled reception.

So my friend has a wedding reception on the Breeze at 1pm but we were suppose to be at the port by 10, I guess to register and check in. All of their guests are cruising. They paid for the reception for 50 guests (adults) which I'm guessing is the list. My wife and I are on the list but my teen kids aren't (we are all in the same stateroom). Common sense tells me that all four of us should be able to register and board with the wedding party, they jsut can't go to the reception at 1. The 64k question. Do you think we will have problems boarding early with the kids? What's the process from getting to the port until the reception at 1pm.

It won't be a problem for them to board - I had friends of friends board with us andddddddd those people were not on our reception list but they sure did come on and party with us haha! No one was checking, they are concerned with the non-sailing guests only. I have a recent review of my June 11 wedding on the Sensation with tons of info and details if you want to check it out over on the honeymoon/wedding boards!

That's the way it works because ALL guests have to go through security and check-in. They'd rather you be early and board as a big group, than late and scattered.

As for your kids (I assume they're minors), since your sailing, they will check-in with you and be allowed to board the ship with the wedding group.

Thanks everyone. I have a 15yo and 19yo. I figured it wouldn't make sense to separate us since we are in one room. My wife feels a little relieved but we shall see. I told her I don't care what time I get in, as long I get in:D. We are actually a group of 100+ going but the celebrants only invited 50 of which are mostly adults. Most of the invited guests have kids that weren't invited.