NCL Sun boarding time from Seward ? My Kenai tour ends at 6:30 pm

uvasag

My cruise sails at 9:00 pm. My Kenai Fjord tour ends at 6:30 pm. Will I have enough time to board the ship or would I be scrambling for time ? Also, if I remember correctly Kenai Fjord tour will hold my luggage for me while I'm on their tour right ? Sorry for this last minute questions but my cruise is coming up and I want to make sure I planned everything right.

Edited by uvasag

My cruise sails at 9:00 pm. My Kenai Fjord tour ends at 6:30 pm. Will I have enough time to board the ship or would I be scrambling for time ? Also, if I remember correctly Kenai Fjord tour will hold my luggage for me while I'm on their tour right ? Sorry for this last minute questions but my cruise is coming up and I want to make sure I planned everything right.

You need to verify the time you have to check in by, with NCL. But you should expect to be there around 7p.

Are you doing the Fox Island Kayaking? Frankly, not nearly as good as Aialik Bay, in my opinion. You can still see Seward in the distance.

I'm doing the 10AM NATIONAL PARK TOUR W/FOX ISLAND . They had a black Friday special and got tix for 2 adults and 2 kids for $290.

The kayak trip ends the same time. You have already booked this tour, so, it's a little late to be worrying about the return time. I would suggest you drip off your luggage at the ship before your tour,or expect to haul it on the ship yourself. Otherwise, you can be waiting for it to be delivered late.

I just checked and as per the NCL website we should check in no later than 1 hour prior to sailing. I think if we make it by 7:00 pm we will be good. I'll double check the NCL board anyways. Thanks so much.

Can I drop off the luggage as early as 9:30 am ? My tour starts at 10:00 am so I'm assuming everybody needs to be onboard by 9:45 am.

In the past, you could drop off your luggage very early out of Seward. You had to place it yourself. NCL is new to Seward this year, so, I don't want to make assumptions based on my other sailings. I would post on an upcoming roll call, and see if someone will ask for you. You might also try and post on the NCL board.

I spoke with Kenai Fjords Tours this week while doing some early reasearch for next summer. I was concerned about a 5:30 return for a 6:00 boarding. When I asked about luggage, she told me they would actually deliver it to the cruiseline while we are on the tour if we want. They will shuttle us the 1/2 mile to the ship when we return from tour. You should confirm this directly with KFT.

I spoke with Kenai Fjords Tours this week while doing some early reasearch for next summer. I was concerned about a 5:30 return for a 6:00 boarding. When I asked about luggage, she told me they would actually deliver it to the cruiseline while we are on the tour if we want. They will shuttle us the 1/2 mile to the ship when we return from tour. You should confirm this directly with KFT.

KFT told me that I'll be at the cruise terminal by 7:00

And NCL told me 7:00 pm should be fine. Will know for sure on the day of.

Rita

I believe the muster drill was at 8:30. I was on the June 29th cruise. There seemed to be a lot of people arriving around 7:00 pm. We had people who were doing b2b cruises that did a Kenai Fjords Tour that day.

I believe the muster drill was at 8:30. I was on the June 29th cruise. There seemed to be a lot of people arriving around 7:00 pm. We had people who were doing b2b cruises that did a Kenai Fjords Tour that day.

But the people who did the b2b probably didn't have to go through the check in process like we'll have to.

But the people who did the b2b probably didn't have to go through the check in process like we'll have to.

Don't worry, you will get on the ship. With the fewer people needing to go through the check in, the lessor the lines will be. I've done this multiple times on multiple ships, since I most often do "b2b's on different ships, and have to check in with them both.

Don't worry, you will get on the ship. With the fewer people needing to go through the check in, the lessor the lines will be. I've done this multiple times on multiple ships, since I most often do "b2b's on different ships, and have to check in with them both.

Checked into Holiday Inn Seward and they said that they can xfer the luggage for us to the cruise terminal. We just have to make sure the luggage has the NCL tags with our names on it. So that is what I'll do. Have the hotel xfer the luggage for us and we will check in around 7:00 pm after our KFT.