Sky Observation Lounge

ERIN123

Are there any events at the Sky Observation Lounge? I don't remember there being anything when I went there once or twice. The website says at night there is music and dancing, is this true? How often?

Are there any events at the Sky Observation Lounge? I don't remember there being anything when I went there once or twice. The website says at night there is music and dancing, is this true? How often?

Frequency will be found in your dailies, but my experience was that there was entertainment most nights.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

During the At-Sea days, it will be taken-over and occupied by this group and that. Just as you settle in to read, someone will ask you to kindly make room for a private event, open to a group of which you're likely not a part.

That being said, it is typically where the Cruise Critic gatherings are held.

It's such a beautiful space, but unfortunately it is FAR TOO OFTEN, taken over by the Art Auctions. :mad: :rolleyes:

If the art auction or trivia is on one can always sit around the edges and not participate in the event. It is normally closed off between 5 and 6 pm for the "Elite" cocktail party. Late night it is normally dancing or disco

There should be more entertainment activity in Sky Lounge on Reflection since Quazar was done away with on the Reflection.

Quazar was turned into the meeting room, because the meeting room on Reflection was turned into about 4 or 5 Signature Suites. Plus the Sky Lounge on Reflection was reduced by a third or more. This third or more space was turned into the Reflection Suite. The Reflection suite includes two bed rooms, and two showers, one of which is exposed to the world. Not completely of course. Supposedly, there is a switch which will cause the glass walls of the "exposed" shower to not allow anyone to see in, but the person in the shower can still see out.

The house band should be up there most if not every night.

We had art classes there on our TA. Those were from 9 to 10:30 a.m. or so. Immediately after that were two trivia contests. After that it was quiet for a few hours. Then it became lively again around 5 till 7 for the elite cocktail hour. They had many elites on board and gave vouchers. If you stayed in Sky for the cocktail hour you still needed vouchers but you also got some pretty decent hors d'oeuvres passed around. Vouchers could be used at the other bars around the ship but you didn't have hors d'oeuvres.

I love to go up midday sometimes and read in the Sky Lounge. It IS annoying though when they have Park West art up there. Just wish the cruise lines would quit doing it. It's a total rip off anyway and a really big waste of space on the ship.