Can you switch from AIB to OBC after booking?

jean-lynd

It's part of the offer. You just booked and have only paid deposit. You are not locked in. Call Princess or TA (whichever you booked with) and go for the change.

I'd be taking the OBC too since neither wife nor I would drink near $300 worth in a week.

We booked the Sips & Sail today and didn't read the fine print. Now I see we could have gotten OBC instead. Does anybody know if we can trade the AIB for the OBC? Thanks in advance for your help!

You most likely will have to cancel and rebook.

I had read the fine print before talking to my TA this morning. So after making the booking she called Princess and told them that we wanted the OBC rather than the AIBP. The Princess rep knew nothing about the OBC offer. While checking with another dept he looked on the Princess website and found the same fine print that I had been reading. However no one could give him a booking code to use to get OBC instead of the AIBP. Long story short - he was told that once onboard we should go to Guest Services to have the beverage sticker exchanged for OBC. Personally I think that is crazy! No way is someone at the Guest Services desk going to believe I should be able to get OBC as a substitute. My TA and I decided that we will wait a few days and talk to Princess again after they have had some time to figure out how they are going to handle this part of the Sip & Sail promotion.

Just a side note: The option to get OBC instead of the beverage package was not part of the fine print I read earlier this week. I only saw it this morning.

I had read the fine print before talking to my TA this morning. So after making the booking she called Princess and told them that we wanted the OBC rather than the AIBP. The Princess rep knew nothing about the OBC offer. While checking with another dept he looked on the Princess website and found the same fine print that I had been reading. However no one could give him a booking code to use to get OBC instead of the AIBP. Long story short - he was told that once onboard we should go to Guest Services to have the beverage sticker exchanged for OBC. Personally I think that is crazy! No way is someone at the Guest Services desk going to believe I should be able to get OBC as a substitute. My TA and I decided that we will wait a few days and talk to Princess again after they have had some time to figure out how they are going to handle this part of the Sip & Sail promotion.

Just a side note: The option to get OBC instead of the beverage package was not part of the fine print I read earlier this week. I only saw it this morning.

You are right. They will tell you onboard "sure you were told to come here and ask that". "Sorry we don't know what you are talking about". :eek:

Hazelnut - thanks - I couldn't understand how I missed that because I read the offer a number of times before we booked this morning. Now I know that I didn't miss it - it wasn't there! I will see what my TA says tomorrow.

Where do I find the reference to switching AIB for OBC in the Sip and Sail offer? And how much is the OBC on offer? We've booked and I'll call my TA to make the change once I know the amount. Thanks for your help.

Where do I find the reference to switching AIB for OBC in the Sip and Sail offer? And how much is the OBC on offer? We've booked and I'll call my TA to make the change once I know the amount. Thanks for your help.

It is listed here in the fine print in post #133.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2227738

So easy to change to the On Board Credit. I just called to have them mark my cruise that I booked yesterday to "No Upgrades" as I'm excited about M108 on the Royal and at the same time the agent amended my booking and we now each have a $150 on board credit. Easy to do, just call .....

Question: what happens if one person wants the package and the other wants the OBC. Is this possible to do, or do they both have to do the same thing?

Princess told my TA this morning that all passengers in the cabin must book the same package - either all AIBP or all OBC.