Avalon 2 for 1 specials

amd1234

We have received a quote on a Paris to Normandy two for one for Sept. 2015.. If we hav read it correctly one person pays full price passenger is free.. It sounds too good to be true! We have cruised only Uniworld but if this price is correct would consider Avalon.. It's aboard the Avalon Creativity. Need a review from past cruisers on this ship.

This sounds like the 2 for 1 sales that Viking keeps running. Nobody pays that full price,

Other cruise lines don't do that, though. It's easy enough to check to see if they increased the price.

ETA: I just pulled the brochure I received back in February. Departures on the Creativity on Sept 1, 8, 15 and 22 start at $3499 for Category D (Indigo deck); Sept 29 is $3399. For Sapphire deck add $649-$699; for Royal deck P, $799 and Royal suite, $1399.

Edited by hiccups

Well we were not planning a trip this year but this was a great deal...last year on Uniworld we paid approximate $4300 A piece granted it was all inclusive..(no airfare)..we are paying Sept 8 Pais to Normandy for husband and myself $3.094.00 apiece..this includes taxes and port charges including airfare. :):)the ship,is the Avalon Creativity it's an older ship..this price included an upgrade on our cabin to a French Balcony..:)

Well we were not planning a trip this year but this was a great deal...last year on Uniworld we paid approximate $4300 A piece granted it was all inclusive..(no airfare)..we are paying Sept 8 Pais to Normandy for husband and myself $3.094.00 apiece..this includes taxes and port charges including airfare. :):)the ship,is the Avalon Creativity it's an older ship..this price included an upgrade on our cabin to a French Balcony..:)

Sounds like a great deal! Lots of deals by most of the lines this year. I recall Avalon offering a good price on this itinerary earlier in the year, and a Viking email offered it for $1999 pp including airfare.

My husband's interested in the one for next year, assuming we like our first cruise this month. I wish we had enough vacation time to snap up another deal this year!

How did you hear about this offer? I've looked at emails I've received from Avalon, my TA, and the Avalon website and don't see anything that mentions that price including airfare. We had pretty much decided to postpone another cruise until next year but at this price would reconsider.

Was it a limited time offer?

All offers are for a limited time and can be withdrawn anytime according to all of the cruise lines' fine print. They are also limited by capacity, but the really good deals this year have come because of all of the new riverboats and a need to fill empty berths. Perhaps the same will occur in 2016 as even more boats are added.

I checked with the TA I had used for our first cruise. She said she contacted Avalon and was told there weren't any special deals with air included. I must have misunderstood the post, or the offer has expired.

often have offers on their website. we look at the us 1 because it is easier to navigate and it is possible to see real time cabin capacity where as the Oz 1 seems limited and is not easy to use.

of course the difference in currency needs to be factored in too. if we see something we like we get our ta to explore further. we seldom get offers via email from that cruise line but do from others like Oceania and apt/ama.

When I posted price We had to pay for air but I included it in my price. Total...each $3' 094.00 so for a little over six thousand for both of us mcluding an upgrade to French Balony.. Excellent deal. My friends booked same deal a few days ago. I will give you our TA 's info if you wish to contact me..donovanref@gmail.com..this is my fourth River Cruise and always receive the best price from this Travel agency.

which port are you flying from? some on our last Paris cruise arrived via Eurostar from the uk. fabulous to be so close a matter of hours. good deals can be done at short notice if people can be available to travel.