Questions on UBP on the Escape

vacation44

Yes they should be. It is possible there are a few bottle beers that are in larger bomber bottles that COULD be over $11, but they should be in the minority. I would expect all 25 beers on tap to be included and probably 40+ out of the 50 bottled beers to be included. This is based on me knowing the price of beers, and nothing else but should be pretty accurate.

6&8

On RCI ships at their pub, a number of the specialty beers are marked as not covered under any package even though the price is below the package limits. This is because they simply don't have or can't obtain an adequate stock of them and may only have a few cases to start with.

Luckily this thread has been unlocked now. I find it interesting though how some posts were deleted despite not going against the terms of CC. I'll classify those actions under discretionary.

Got a call from NCL Executive office today. I hadn't noticed but the T&Cs I linked to were from January 2014 and not 2015 when I had booked. After our discussion, once all the specialty dining venues convert to a la carte, we'll see how UDP will be handled considering the current verbiage regarding a la carte. Until then, I bid you all farewell and happy travels.

Another good poster run out of town by the fanatical few :mad:

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you!!! Again, even though we are not big drinkers, we want to make sure what we do drink would be included! The bottle water is going to be an issue though for us---however, in the scheme of things, what a problem to have!

The smartest thing I did before our trip was buy brita water bottles that have a filter.. 8 bucks at walmart. Kep the water bottles in the fridge. I even brought powder Gatorade.. So easy to throw the bottles in our beach bags. Much easier then loading up on a case in NYC.

Last month on the Getaway I had several drinks that exceeded $11, and was charged only the amount over $11... But it was nice to try out all the different high end liquors without running up a giant tab, as I received the UBP under the free promotion (before they started charging the 18% gratuity)

How do you know in your UBP package if you got in before the gratuity charge ? I booked September 14 for my August 20 2016 sailing. I don't remember seeing any details about gratuities. Being in the Haven I received all 4 promos. My promos say CHOHS and EASYFARE. Thanks Gerry

How do you know in your UBP package if you got in before the gratuity charge ? I booked September 14 for my August 20 2016 sailing. I don't remember seeing any details about gratuities. Being in the Haven I received all 4 promos. My promos say CHOHS and EASYFARE. Thanks Gerry

Gratuities are included for UBP and UDP when you book a suite.

Has that ever happened to anyone? Last cruise I had a couple of $11.50 drinks and expected to see the $0.50 charge on my account but there was nothing.

Yes, there were a couple of drinks that cost me $.50 or $1.00 on my cruise to Alaska on the Pearl. They will add the 18% gratuity to the overage as well. No biggie....still getting an awesome specialty drink for like $.60!

We did give "additional" tip on that cruise, because we had not paid the gratuities on that perk. Supposedly NCL was paying them for us, but I have a feeling that they weren't actually getting paid, just not getting charged, therefore the poor waitstaff was getting stiffed if we didn't tip.

Now on our upcoming Escape cruise, the UBP perk actually cost us $68 PP for the gratuities, so we probably won't give the "additional" tip unless we get exceptional service.