Questions on UBP on the Escape

vacation44

We are on the Escape December 26, 2015 sailing and have the UBP. While we are not really big drinkers, we are interested to know if it includes top shelf liquor like Bacardi Rum. I see the price limit is $11 but not sure if that includes top shelf. Also does it include bottle water as we are very big water drinkers. Thanks!

You will have a very hard time finding anything over $11. Even Don Julio 1942 tequila ($140 per bottle) is only $11.50 per shot. Bacardi and even better rums will all be included. No bottled water included...

We are on the Escape December 26, 2015 sailing and have the UBP. While we are not really big drinkers, we are interested to know if it includes top shelf liquor like Bacardi Rum. I see the price limit is $11 but not sure if that includes top shelf. Also does it include bottle water as we are very big water drinkers. Thanks!

Water is NOT included nor are specialty coffee. I believe that would be included as I think it's under the $11.00 fee. However, if it's not, you only pay the difference - whatever over $11.00 it is.

Harriet

Thank you!!! Again, even though we are not big drinkers, we want to make sure what we do drink would be included! The bottle water is going to be an issue though for us---however, in the scheme of things, what a problem to have!

Thank you!!! Again, even though we are not big drinkers, we want to make sure what we do drink would be included! The bottle water is going to be an issue though for us---however, in the scheme of things, what a problem to have!
The water on the ship is fine to drink. Take along a refillable water bottle.

You can bring on as much bottled water as you want.

However, if it's not, you only pay the difference - whatever over $11.00 it is.

Harriet

Has that ever happened to anyone? Last cruise I had a couple of $11.50 drinks and expected to see the $0.50 charge on my account but there was nothing.

Has that ever happened to anyone? Last cruise I had a couple of $11.50 drinks and expected to see the $0.50 charge on my account but there was nothing.

Last month on the Getaway I had several drinks that exceeded $11, and was charged only the amount over $11... But it was nice to try out all the different high end liquors without running up a giant tab, as I received the UBP under the free promotion (before they started charging the 18% gratuity)

Thank you! That is what we will plan to do then. I really do not want to take the time to buy cases of water in Miami then lug them on the ship.

• 1 month later...

with the desalinizition process, how bad is the sodium content in the water? Last year when we cruised I had a terrible time with my legs and feet swelling so badly I was mostly unable to wear shoes and couldn't walk well enough to do anything really. When I got back the Dr. said the biggest culprit on cruise ships is the water and that I should drink bottled water on board. any suggestions besides carrying it on

with the desalinizition process, how bad is the sodium content in the water? Last year when we cruised I had a terrible time with my legs and feet swelling so badly I was mostly unable to wear shoes and couldn't walk well enough to do anything really. When I got back the Dr. said the biggest culprit on cruise ships is the water and that I should drink bottled water on board. any suggestions besides carrying it on

Drank the ship water by the pint no issues but each of us are different so what did not affect me may affect you.

UK UBP - no service charges so I bet that is built into our cruise prices

I have a question--my dad has the UBP for upcoming Alaskan Sun at the end of Sept. I've never had the UBP, only soda. I know there is the 18% gratuity--is that something that gets added to the bill on an ongoing basis and will need to be settled at the end of the cruise or is it covered by the price of the UBP? This is my dad's first cruise and I'm trying to minimize horrible surprises at the end. :D

Thanks!

Jen

If you got the UBP and had to pay the gratuities, they are already in your total cruise cost. If you look at the line items for the cruise you'll see something like 'promotion gratuity' $xxxx

If you're talking about the gratuity per drink, that is covered already kind of like with the soda package. When you get a soda it's covered, same thing with an alcohol package.

(If you booked prior to the current special you didn't have to pay gratuities and don't need to worry about it either)

I hope that makes sense

Edited by hansolosmom

Chances are, the sodium came from the food, not the water. I'm not sure where your doctor got his information, however, cruise ship water actually has less sodium than most tap water and bottled water. The cruise ship water is actually closer to distilled water than anything with basically very little minerals in it at all.

Edited by tarps14

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if craft or specialty beers at the District Brew House are included in the UBP?

TIA

No one knows that for sure, but anything $11 and under is included. I can't imagine they will have many if any beers that will cost more than that.

HAHAHAHA. Never heard Bacardi called Top Shelf before....You can get WAY WAY better rums included with the UBP. Almost everythig is included including things like Patron, Crown Royal, Belvadere, Grey Goose, etc. There are only a few select items that are over the limit like Johnny Walker Blue, Louis XIII, etc that are Hundreds (Thousands) a bottle.

6&8

Does anyone know if craft or specialty beers at the District Brew House are included in the UBP?

TIA

Yes they should be. It is possible there are a few bottle beers that are in larger bomber bottles that COULD be over $11, but they should be in the minority. I would expect all 25 beers on tap to be included and probably 40+ out of the 50 bottled beers to be included. This is based on me knowing the price of beers, and nothing else but should be pretty accurate.

6&8