Some questions

yarlenna

RSSC ships are smoking ships, but most smokers aboard are respecrful of others. There are non-smoking areas all over the ships. For instance, on the pool deck one side is smoking and the other is non-smoking. The theater, observation lounge, most of the main dining room, Latitudes, Signatures and La Verandah inside are non-smoking. In all of the lounges there is a smoking area and a non-smoking area. The ventilation on RSSC ships is excellent. You'll have trouble smelling smoke anywhere on the ships. The wines with dinner are very good. If you don't like the ones they're serving that night, you can ask for one from a previous night that you might have liked. RSSC is no tipping. Some people do, but it's not expected. It is preferable to give some kind of a small gift, or make a donation to the crew fund if you feel that you must tip. We've had 10 RSSC cruises and have never tipped. We did make a donation to the crew fund on 2 occasions. The served coffee is very good. The coffee from the machines on Voyager is not good though; it's like any machine made coffee. Don't know why they bothered with it.

Just returned from the Mariner,

Wine included with dinner was excellent, hubby and I were impressed with the quality and selections.

There is smokeing and yes, you can smoke on the balcony (hubby did and it's allowed) and the rest was as the previous poster wrote. There was a cigar lounge also. Compass Rose had a few smokeing tables.

Hubby said the coffee was ok, I don't drink coffee so don't know.

Tips are included except at the spa where you would tip as it was not included (I'm only speaking of the Mariner, don't know about the others). The rest is as the previous poster wrote re tips.

1. We found the wine to be very good.

Remeber if you want a drink with dinner instead just ask.

2. Yes people smoke on the balcony. we did find it annoying a couple of times

3. Most all places on board have non smoking sections that are very good.

4. PLEASE do not give extra tips unless it is beyond the call of duty.

You have paid for it already!!!!

5. I liked the coffee, but some thought it was a little strong.

RSSC makes cruising so easy..... With good wines included, plus a mixed drink if you would prefer, and then there are the after dinner drinks!;) My husband never commented on the coffee, so it must be fine. As for tipping, on both our Radisson cruises we gave our room stewardess extra, but we hosted my parents most evenings for cocktails (with room service cocktail shrimp-INCLUDED) so she had extra work. Extra tips are definately not necessary. Enjoy your cruise, you will not be disappointed in Radisson!

Archived