Ultimate Beverage Package

Phresh

A quick question. I reserved a cruise in September and took the ubp promo. It will be me, my wife, and two children under 12. When reading the fine print it says it is for guests 1 and 2. Now do I have to purchase separate kids beverage package for my two kids or is it included? Also it says 18% gratuity per drink. Is this separate or included in package. I guess one more question. I don't use credit cards so I will be making an on board account with cash. Do I need to put down cash for us all 4 or can I just make one account. I don't really want a cash account for my kids! Thanks in advance.

It depends on when you booked the cruise and got the UBP. Back in Sept. you may not have had to pay gratuities. I booked 2 cruises last fall, 1 for this past March and the other for this Oct. I did not pay any gratuity. If it is not included ,though, the cost will be billed into your cruise price. You will not be paying it once on the ship.

You do not need to buy soda cards for the 2 children. You can pay as you go or opt for the free beverages.

Can not help with the question of on board account for the kids but they will have to pay daily gratuity also

If you booked after June 1 of this year, you will have to pay gratuity on the UBP promo. If you booked earlier than that, you don't. If you have to pay gratuities, your account online will look like the below picture, because the fee is added at the time you book. (Your amount might be different depending on length of cruise.) If you don't see them listed, then you don't have to pay them.

promofee_zpsffteqaiz.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

If you have to pay gratuities, your account online will look like the below picture, because the fee is added at the time you book. (Your amount might be different depending on length of cruise.) If you don't see them listed, then you don't have to pay them.

Of one books through a TA, one can't usually see that table in MyNCL no matter when they have booked because payments are made through the TA.

Edited by Demonyte

Of one books through a TA, one can't usually see that table in MyNCL no matter when they have booked because payments are made through the TA.

Surely the TA would be able to see that info and share it with the client, right? The point is that it's charged at the time the booking is made, if it's going to be charged at all. One should (either online or through a TA) have a clue about what they were charged. If the charge doesn't show up, then it didn't happen and isn't going to. It's that simple.

How come? They were included for everyone until the end of April and are included for suites also from the beginning of June.

Maybe we're talking about two different things. I though OP was talking about the 18% gratuity on the UBP and/or the UDP.

Harriet

Surely the TA would be able to see that info and share it with the client, right? The point is that it's charged at the time the booking is made, if it's going to be charged at all. One should (either online or through a TA) have a clue about what they were charged. If the charge doesn't show up, then it didn't happen and isn't going to. It's that simple.

Nope. :D Your original point was clear, you stated that "If you don't see them listed, then you don't have to pay them." without any mention about other possibilities.

Since people booked through a TA won't see them listed where you said they would be listed, had that point been left uncorrected, people reading your post would have been grossly misinformed.

Maybe we're talking about two different things. I though OP was talking about the 18% gratuity on the UBP and/or the UDP.

You didn't quote OP's post, you quoted a post that said "I book suites and the gratuity is included in all suites or higher category." and replied that it'd depend on when that poster booked their cruise.

You didn't quote OP's post, you quoted a post that said "I book suites and the gratuity is included in all suites or higher category." and replied that it'd depend on when that poster booked their cruise.

My bad! But are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about the 18% gratuity for the UDP and/or UBP.

That would depend on when the cruise was booked as to we pay the 18% grats or if we don't.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

My bad!

No worries! :) Just trying to keep the facts straight.

But are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about the 18% gratuity for the UDP and/or UBP.

That would depend on when the cruise was booked as to we pay the 18% grats or if we don't.

For suites it doesn't when one gets the packages as a booking promo (gratuities have been always included for suites), just like the poster you replied to.

Nope. :D Your original point was clear, you stated that "If you don't see them listed, then you don't have to pay them." without any mention about other possibilities.

Since people booked through a TA won't see them listed where you said they would be listed, had that point been left uncorrected, people reading your post would have been grossly misinformed.

GROSSLY even!! LMAO! Thanks for correcting that. I had no clue that people who use a TA can't see their own accounts. I've never used one before, and I sure as heck wouldn't now that I know that. Why the secrecy? That's so bizarre.

Thanks for the info.

No worries! :) Just trying to keep the facts straight.

For suites it doesn't when one gets the packages as a booking promo (gratuities have been always included for suites), just like the poster you replied to.

Thats great info.. I will call NCL tomorrow and I hope thats the case.