MAASDAM Lanai cabin HELP!

SeaWatch

The lanai cabins open with a sliding door onto the Lower Promade deck which is the public walk-around deck. The life boats are suspended above the walk-around deck. Your view from inside your cabin will be across the walk-around deck and over the deck railing. The lanai cabins come with 2 deck chairs assigned to your cabin for your personal use, with a small table between them. The lounge chairs have thinker cushions than the other deck chairs. The sliding door is fll glass but it is reflective for your privacy.

The walk-around deck is washed early most mornings and we coul dbe awaked by some noise. Also, because these cabins are shorter than the OV cabins on the lower decks due to the walk-around deck, they onky have a loveseat instead of a couch, plus the vaity is very short as the rooms were rearranged to aloow for the sliding door.

I love rooms on the Lower Promenade but take a OV or even a partially obstructed to save money while still having quick access to the the walk-around deck. Hope this helps. m--

Take a good look at the deckplans to see what's above you. If this cabin is between mid-ship and the aft elevators, then it is under the galley.

I would be very concerned about noise during the night if my cabin were there.

If the cabin is aft of the aft elevators (I didn't look up the deckplans before posting), then it would be under the dining room, and quiet.

We have a chance for:

Lower Promenade, Deck 6 CA 361 on the MAASDAM

Anyone know if the lanai opens onto a view of the lifeboats?

Any comments on this cabin would be greatly appreciated!

I have stayed in that cabin. The view is panoramic, much better that a balcony because no side panels block it. I love the quiet soft blue and beige color scheme of the Lanai, nicer than the loud oranges of the Vistas. Although some have complained about the storage, I found it more than adequate.

If you are a light sleeper, the crew cleaning the windows and decks every morning may bother you, but I never had a problem. You WILL feel the vibration of the thrusters when entering or leaving port. The first sailaway in Ft. Lauderdale I thought I was having a seizure! However, I soon was inured to it, and totally did not notice anymore.

Most problematic was the door to the deck, which was heavy and hard to open, even my cabin steward could barely manhandle it to a 12" opening. Additionally, the key card scanner which allows access from the deck to the cabin was broken as of May 2014. The door problems may have been fixed since then. Fortunately, 361 is, as I remember, only one door down from an Atrium exit, so I usually stuck my coffee or wine, along with my book, through the tight door opening, then walked out through the Atrium door.

I would take 361 in a heartbeat if it were offered to me. In fact, I now book only Lanai guarantees!

P.S. My review should be floating around somewhere on the general Member Review page.