Ventura embarkation lunch ?

Dwalkerdave

Hello, first P&O cruise next Sunday and I was wondering where to get a bit of lunch. I assume the Waterside buffet is the main eatery that will be serving but can anyone tell me if the burger/pizza bars are likely to be open ?

Is there anywhere else to consider as I guess the buffet is likely to be a bit of a bun fight. Also are there any soft drinks in the buffet available free as on Royal Caribbean ?

Many thanks

Dave

Edited by Dwalkerdave

Hi Dave,

Just got off Ventura today - wonderful cruise.

I'm sorry I don't know about the burgers / pizza, but when we got on 2 weeks ago, we found the buffet wasn't heaving and it was no problem getting lunch. Maybe its due to the staggering of people getting onboard, but it was fine.

Soft drinks - only water is free I'm afraid. Although you can get apple, orange and I think pineapple?? at breakfast time (until 11.30ish), so you could take a glass or two back to your cabin and keep it in the fridge to drink later.

We tended to get our buffet food and the go into the "back bit" as I used to call it - the Beach House section. It always seemed to be much quieter here, maybe as folks didn't want to walk far with their tray!

Have a great cruise.

We went to that "back bit" too and just recently on Azura, so many people don't bother to walk through to it!

One thing I noticed on Azura (and I'm guessing it will be the same on Ventura) was the Costa coffee place was open when we got onboard and it was very quiet. You have to pay for the drink but then the cake is free- might be Ok if you just want a little something?

Hello, first P&O cruise next Sunday and I was wondering where to get a bit of lunch. I assume the Waterside buffet is the main eatery that will be serving but can anyone tell me if the burger/pizza bars are likely to be open ?

Is there anywhere else to consider as I guess the buffet is likely to be a bit of a bun fight. Also are there any soft drinks in the buffet available free as on Royal Caribbean ?

Many thanks

Dave

Never used them, but yes there is a burger and also pizza bar on same deck as Waterside around pool area

Our first cruise was on the Ventura. We kept to our boarding time of 3:30, and of course ran into queues, muster drill, blah blah, and then found the buffet was closed. We walked up to the pool deck and the pizza and burger bars were open.

For our next cruise we got there early, strolled on board and had a nice relaxing day :)