Prices of Excursions going up???

mush71

In May I printed out the excursions for our trip to Alaska in August. I went back tonight to make sure they weren't showing up as sold out due to the ship being pretty full.

I noticed that the excursion to Mendenhall Glacier & Salmon bake went from $99- adult to $104- adult and $59- kids to $64- kids

It is only $5 and not that big of a deal.

I checked a few other excursions and they did not appear to go up in price.

I just haven't seen this before. I was wondering if it is normal?

I don't know how "normal" it is, but I just noticed two days ago that the price of NCL excursions on our Gem cruise to the Caribbean in February jumped up from what they'd been a week ago, some by about $5 but some by much more than that. Perhaps there's been an across the fleet increase, but we certainly don't have enough data to know.

That's why we book with other tour operators for shore excursions. Some are already up for our cruise next May and charge more than double what the competitors charge for the exact same thing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Most of the ship's excursions are done through third party companies that are local to the area...so if those companies go up, then ship has to follow suit. It only makes sense.....however if it is fleetwide, then perhaps it is just to make up for some that have gone up more and just spreading it out....

In May I printed out the excursions for our trip to Alaska in August. I went back tonight to make sure they weren't showing up as sold out due to the ship being pretty full.

I noticed that the excursion to Mendenhall Glacier & Salmon bake went from $99- adult to $104- adult and $59- kids to $64- kids

It is only $5 and not that big of a deal.

I checked a few other excursions and they did not appear to go up in price.

I just haven't seen this before. I was wondering if it is normal?

Many times, this combo is not a good idea to book through the ship. It is simple to book this on your own. The salmon bake is outside, and far less desirable in foul weather, far superior to book when you get there, direct on the dock, where they run a continuous loop bus that you can go when you want to. Do you know anything about Mendehall or what you want to do there? The ship excursion stops are too short for many activities- especially the popular Nugget Falls walk. As an example, the shuttle for Mendenhall is $20 round trip and the salmon bake is $49.

You would have to take your ship shuttle from your dock- AJ- to the tram parking lot, where both the Mendenhall and salmon bake shuttles leave from.

Edited by Budget Queen

One thing I have noticed is that if you browse excursions from the main NCL site, you will see good prices. Then if you log in under MyNCL, you'll see that the prices are MUCH higher. I noticed that last year when the husband and I were looking at different options for our cruise and looked at excursions prior to booking. It seems that the prices on the main NCL site are really old. In the end, we booked only one with them and did the rest with awesome private companies.

One thing I have noticed is that if you browse excursions from the main NCL site, you will see good prices. Then if you log in under MyNCL, you'll see that the prices are MUCH higher. I noticed that last year when the husband and I were looking at different options for our cruise and looked at excursions prior to booking. It seems that the prices on the main NCL site are really old. In the end, we booked only one with them and did the rest with awesome private companies.

And what I see on the NCL website it states "prices FROM xxx$. So in the case of one of our next tour stops, it says the price is from $93*. On our cruise the cost is $99. When you go to the bottom of the page, the * indicates prices vary by cruise date.

I noticed an increase as well and called NCL and was told there was a price increase to excursions system wide July 4 th weekend

This ties in with what I noticed as well.

We are taking our second Epic trip and all we want is transfer between the ship and Rome and the ship and Florence.

Now I KNOW we will have people saying we could DIY but DH said it last time and he's saying it again........he just wants to get off the ship into an air-conditioned coach....no hassle, so.......he who must be obeyed!!! ;)

However.......last time those trips cost $99 each..........at the end of June, they were $110.........today they are $125! :eek:

Guess who's not a happy bunny? :(

Many of the excursions on our Spirit cruise in October have gone up $20 or more in the last three months. The private limo tours in Italy are all full day and we don't want that. As a previous poster indicated, some operators can't wait by the ship and that means the shuttle to port gate in Livorno or Civitevecchia. That is a deal breaker. Other ports, like Istanbul or Athens are easy to do on your own. I am still doing a lot of research.

Many times, this combo is not a good idea to book through the ship. It is simple to book this on your own. The salmon bake is outside, and far less desirable in foul weather, far superior to book when you get there, direct on the dock, where they run a continuous loop bus that you can go when you want to. Do you know anything about Mendehall or what you want to do there? The ship excursion stops are too short for many activities- especially the popular Nugget Falls walk. As an example, the shuttle for Mendenhall is $20 round trip and the salmon bake is $49.

You would have to take your ship shuttle from your dock- AJ- to the tram parking lot, where both the Mendenhall and salmon bake shuttles leave from.[/quote

Thanks for the advice. We prefer to go through the cruise line just for the fact of anything can happen and for us it usually does so we don't want to have any issues with missing the boat or being too late back to the boat.