Should we visit Magic Kingdom?

Twinmommy37

Hello,

My husband and I will be traveling with our 3 year old twins on their first cruise. One of the stops you can visit magic kingdom. Price wise it looks as though this may cost like 680 ( that will include food), but still expensive.

I wanted to know are we better off waiting till they are 5/6 years old and going for a whole week to Disney ( which we would hope to do anyway lol) or should we still take them?

I really wanted them to experience Magic Kingdom, but wanted to see how you all felt.

Thank you

Hello,

My husband and I will be traveling with our 3 year old twins on their first cruise. One of the stops you can visit magic kingdom. Price wise it looks as though this may cost like 680 ( that will include food), but still expensive.

I wanted to know are we better off waiting till they are 5/6 years old and going for a whole week to Disney ( which we would hope to do anyway lol) or should we still take them?

I really wanted them to experience Magic Kingdom, but wanted to see how you all felt.

Thank you

I am not a fan of visiting as a cruise excursion since we have been to the park a few times. Not enough time to really experience it. If it w I uld be the only time youd ever go it might be ok but i would not recommend it.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Pass. That's way too expensive for just a few hours at MK. Wait until they are older..5/6 is a great age. They will appreciate it more. My daughters first visit was when she was 5 and we've been back several times since.

Here is a great thread from just last week that has lots of info about this exact question.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2231278

I would honestly have to say though that 3 yo is really young to be able to fully experience all that the Magic Kingdom has to offer.

We took our daughter when she was three. She is now 14 and still remembers some of it. We went at halloween and had a great time.

We took our daughter when she was three. She is now 14 and still remembers some of it. We went at halloween and had a great time.

Our youngest was also 3 yo when we took him the first time and he didn't get much out of it. It's all dependent on the maturity (for lack of a better word) of the child. Age aside, though, this excursion just doesn't allow enough time to be able to experience it all.

Makes sense. I think for that price and now reading everyone's comments we should plan for something else.

Any ideas lol

If at Cape Canaveral there isnt anything i would recommend with a 3 year old. Went to nasa this past time but kids are 11 and 14. Last time in that port they were 8 and 11 and we just stayed on the ship.

Big Disney fan here, while WDW can be pricey, not that pricey. Plan a WDW trip and make sure to stay on site for the best experience.

How would someone stay onsite if visiting as part of a cruise excursion??.... If talking about a completely separate vacation though i totally agree.

We been numerous times to Disney since early 80s. Magic Kingdom is an amazing experience for any age and one you will always remember BUT you need a full day and night (9am to midnight) to experience everything it has to offer.

If the cruise is only a few hours in port you will miss two of the main shows that are must sees in Magic Kingdom which are held at night. The electric/light show parade and the amazing firework display over the castle.

We brought our grandson for the first time when he was 4 years old and he remembers every moment he spent at Magic Kingdom and did majority of the rides. He is now 7 and can't wait to go back next month.

Magic Kingdom is great for all ages and will be perfect to go when your kids are 5/6. At that age you don't need to do all the parks either as ones like Epcot would not be as enjoyable for 5/6 as magic kingdom would. So when you do decided to go to Disney maybe split your trip up, few days disney, seaworld, maybe even legoland if the kids are into legos.

Don't waste you money to do it while on the cruise. It's not worth it at all!

Edited by jb456

As others have said, pass on Disney this trip. Your time is too short. And, depending on the time of year, it can be very hot and humid making everyone miserable. We just spent one day there this past June and we all regretted not being able to get away from the park in the afternoon to go swimming for relief. Port Canaveral really doesn't have anything else really worth seeing so I'd recommend just a simple beach day or stay on the ship, put the children in the youth program and you and your mate enjoy some quality time on the ship with less crowds and lower prices for the spa (it that's your thing).

Rent a car and go to the beach or look for some manatees. With a car you will have a lot of flexibility with the children and it is a great opportunity to pick up anything you may have forgotten to pack.

I agree with one of the other posters, too short of a time to really visit DW. Should be a vacation on it's own and not included with a cruise. IMHO I wouldn't want to visit port Canaveral for any reason during a cruise. I guess the space center if I hadn't already been there, but that's about it.

IMHO I wouldn't want to visit port Canaveral for any reason during a cruise. I guess the space center if I hadn't already been there, but that's about it.

It's not a great port, that's for sure. However, KSC is truly awesome, but not for a 3-year-old.

It's not a great port, that's for sure. However, KSC is truly awesome, but not for a 3-year-old.

Yes, I agree. I forgot that part, about being too young to appreciate KSC at that age. PC is great as a port of embarkation but to visit, I don't get it. Happy sailing. Your'e right, as a port call, not great.

To me, like one of the other posters said, a great port to stay on the ship.

Edited by Jay Sam
addition

How would someone stay onsite if visiting as part of a cruise excursion??.... If talking about a completely separate vacation though i totally agree.

Yes a WDW trip as a separate vacation. Now that trip could be on the front or back end of a cruise trip, but I don't recommend as an excursion.

Disney has some great promotions and being able to start in the parks early, return to the room for naps/swim time and a nice evening visit after dinner will really help the meltdown chances with little ones. ;)

Rent a car and go to the beach or look for some manatees. With a car you will have a lot of flexibility with the children and it is a great opportunity to pick up anything you may have forgotten to pack.

This is the best idea, unless you want to stay on the ship and enjoy the pool.

When I did this cruise a few years ago, there was a river cruise offered by the ship. We saw wild life, manatees, and beautiful views. If this is still available, it might be an option for you.

There were children on this ride.

I have to agree with so many others...just not enough time to fully enjoy all that the Magic Kingdom has to offer. You are better off waiting a few years and planning a Disney vacation.

If you hope to visit Disney in the next couple of years, Don't waste your time with the package. Rent a car or take the transportation option. You can head to Downtown Disney to give your little one a taste of the Disney experience.

There is the T-Rex restaurant there that most little boys love or make reservations at one of the resort hotels, like Grand Floridian, Contemporary or Fort Wilderness for a Character meal.

The tickets are expensive for the time allotted. Worth it if you are not likely to be back, but for you try for a cheaper option & get a Disney package in a year or 2.