Hollywood Beach Tower

cruiseJMO

Has anybody stayed at the Hollywood Beach Tower since their renovations last year? We really wanted to stay at the new Margaritaville Resort, but they're booked around our two upcoming cruises. I'm thinking maybe we can just stay at the Hollywood Beach Tower & walk over to Margaritaville for food/drinks.

Going by reviews on various sites, seems this place is doable if only staying a night or two. Customer service is the area of my concern.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

P.S. Uber? Never done it. Tips, knowledge, anything I should know would also be great. ☺

I wouldn't doubt that no one has stayed there. It is a big downer staying at a motel smack in the middle of nothing but boarded-up shops and restaurants.

Uber has announced it will be ending service in Broward County (Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale) after July 31. And I'm pretty sure even if you have Uber pick you up just over the line in Miami-Dade county no driver will risk taking you to FLL airport or port everglades.

Edited by fishywood

I wouldn't doubt that no one has stayed there. It is a big downer staying at a motel smack in the middle of nothing but boarded-up shops and restaurants.

Uber has announced it will be ending service in Broward County (Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale) after July 31. And I'm pretty sure even if you have Uber pick you up just over the line in Miami-Dade county no driver will risk taking you to FLL airport or port everglades.

Oh my, that first line made me laugh so hard!

I'm a Florida girl and the old school beach charm kind of appeals to me. I love the variety of bike rentals for the broadwalk (gonna need the exercise).

The other thing is that it is only a couple blocks from the brand new Margaritaville Resort that's due to open in a couple months. I couldn't get a reservation there for November or April (even though I tried on like the second day booking was made available to the public, ugh!). But, I still want to check it out. Just can't use the pools or the rooftop bar.

OK, so, no need to figure out Uber.

Edited by cruiseJMO

Oh my, that first line made me laugh so hard!

I'm a Florida girl and the old school beach charm kind of appeals to me. I love the variety of bike rentals for the broadwalk (gonna need the exercise).

The other thing is that it is only a couple blocks from the brand new Margaritaville Resort that's due to open in a couple months. I couldn't get a reservation there for November or April (even though I tried on like the second day booking was made available to the public, ugh!). But, I still want to check it out. Just can't use the pools or the rooftop bar.

OK, so, no need to figure out Uber.

Actually, Uber is temporarily pulling out.

Call Margaritaville directly to get a reservation.