Papito beach club

Farley5

We did this all inclusive and the beach was beautiful and water is great, food was good but everything that they say is included cost extra, Also the cab ride for 4 adults was 120.00. We have been to Nachi Cocum several times and for the price and service we received we will continue to go back to Nachi. The service at Papitos was awful. I guess it could be hit or miss as I have heard others had a great time. Enjoy your vacation wherever you choose to land for the day.[emoji3]

Papitos has always had a complicated pricing structure ever since it opened which has caused confusion amongst guests. I would be interested to know which package previous poster purchased.

The AI package includes food and drink and entrance to park but clearly states transport is not included, supposedly because you can stay as long as you like. I think snorkel tour would also be extra with this package, not sure what else you would need to pay for?

The snorkel and beach pass price is dependent on number of people in the party which is where it becomes complicated. Good value for larger groups not so much for couples. Thus package includes transport and snorkel but again clearly states open bar, or AI food and drink package optional extra. This pass is time dependent, "3 hours at beach including snorkeling" which hardly seems to make AI add-on price worthwhile.

What the website fails to mention is that you don't actually.have to take a package at all (at least this has been the case in the past) and you can pay for your own transport, entrance fee and run a tab at the beach bar. This is the part I have never understood, how the supposed 50-person limit is calculated.

Taxi for up to 4 people should run around $30 each way. Official quoted price is $60 to Punta Sur, with waiting. Obviously "waiting" is limited so you would need to negotiate with driver to wait, or return. Cell service in the area is unreliable so best to arrange return transport in advance and pay on completion.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Taxiinternational?From=Taxiczm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Any other updates on this excursion? I see that Carnival has an excursion here as part of a snorkel trip.

With the cost of taxi to and from here, I think we are going to go with the ship sponsored tour. With that, we get transportation, snorkel equipment and a guided tour. Snorkeling, I hear, is some of the best on the island right there.