Miami, 1 night precruise hotel room suggestions

marys350

OK I'm not sure this would be the right thread...but we will be staying in miami pre & post cruise -over Easter break. I would like to find a nice place for an Easter Brunch / dinner for my family of 3. We will be staying downtown miami -probably at he Marriott Courtyard. On this day we would have just returned from our cruise. Anyone know of a nice place?

Thanks

TrentS~

We stayed at the Radisson downtown Miami on our last cruise...it was just fine for a 1-night stay and the price was right--$45.00. I have been trying to book on Priceline again for a hotel, hoping to get the Radisson again because we had the perfect view of the port and our ship prior to cruise...has anyone been getting this hotel on priceline and also, I'm looking for any suggestions for other hotels downtown with a good view of the port.

Hi Floflegs,

Also have UK package. Contacted Princess. Nice E-mail returned. Miami Intercontinental West is the one we are booked in. So no nice views of the port.

Middy :)

Thanks,Middy, at least we know which one now. Are you going on the same cruise as we are?

Hi floflegs :)

We are on the 8th November, so will be getting off as you are getting on.

Assuming that they are sending all UK packages to the same place.I can post the full address if you need it for immigration form.

Middy:)

Hi floflegs :)

We are on the 8th November, so will be getting off as you are getting on.

Assuming that they are sending all UK packages to the same place.I can post the full address if you need it for immigration form.

Middy:)

Thanks, Middy. I got the hotel address for pre cruise from the next poster but what do you put in for the post cruise address? Hope you have a great cruise. Are you doing the same itinery?

In reading these posts I think that when I book my stay in Miami for our Freedom cruise 12/06, I will stay at the Marriot Biscayne Bay! If anyone has stayed there, it would be great if you let us know you liked it. I am really looking forward to staying at a hotel where we can see the Port of Miami and the ships. That is the goal, to see the ship from our room.

In reading these posts I think that when I book my stay in Miami for our Freedom cruise 12/06, I will stay at the Marriot Biscayne Bay! If anyone has stayed there, it would be great if you let us know you liked it. I am really looking forward to staying at a hotel where we can see the Port of Miami and the ships. That is the goal, to see the ship from our room.

Biscayne Bay Marriott is a nice hotel, typical Marriott... The views from the SE rooms are spectacular, you can see the entire channel, Port of Miami, and turning basin. If you want to see the ships come and go you won't find a hotel with a better view! Just make sure you get a room on the SE side.

That's the "airport south" Hampton Inn, and is a very nice new hotel with some shopping close.

Trent, you're a wealth of information and a true asset to cruise critic! :)

I also looked at your subsequent post to another member where you list all the hotels you would recommend, and you mention the Holiday Inn Bayside/Port of Miami (for the budget minded....that's me!). The pricing is about the same for the Holiday Inn and the Hampton Inn.

Which of these two do you think would be better? I suppose it's pay to get to the hotel (if we choose Holiday Inn) or pay to get to the Pier (If we choose the Hampton)

Any recommendations?

Well the Hampton Inn "airport south" is new and a very nice hotel. It is nicer than the Holiday Inn, but it's (obviously) out by the airport... The Holiday Inn downtown is an older hotel that was remodeled and became a Holiday Inn in 2003. It's extremely popular with many on here. It's quite reasonably priced, but it's biggest advantage is it's just across the street from Bayside Marketplace... http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

It doesn't matter as much if you're getting in late and just need a place to sleep, but if you're getting in early enough to have dinner and want something to do for the evening then you may enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn downtown. If you get a high floor room on the east side you can see the port.

Trent:

Thanks for the expert information! We're supposed to get in around 7:20 so while there won't be a lot of sightseeing time, I'm sure the girls will want to check out the area. (and, being 17 yrs old, their idea of bedtime and mine are VASTLY different! LOL)

I'll look at the website for Bayside Marketplace, sounds like something the girls would enjoy.

Thanks again for all you do for Cruise Critic!! :)

Does anyone know the location of the four points by sheraton ..miami beach as far as proximity to the port?...or how about the Doubletree Biscayne Bay on North Bayshore.. these are both hotels I can get with free points and I would like to pick the better of these.. thanks for the help

I assume you mean the Doubletree Grand on Biscayne Bay... It's 5 minutes from the Port of Miami, but is not your typical hotel. It's half hotel, half private condos and gets pretty mixed reviews. There's nothing within walking distance, and it's not a safe area to walk in anyway, but it's a less than 5 minute cab ride to Bayside Marketplace.

The Four Points Sheraton Miami Beach is on the beach about 30 minutes from the Port of Miami in normal traffic. If you stay there you'll need taxis or a car for everything as there isn't anything around it for blocks except a few other hotels and a lot of condos.

If you have points for Doubletree I assume you have Hilton points? Try the gorgeous new Conrad International on Brickell Avenue. It's in a very nice area, also about 5 minutes from the Port of Miami... http://conradhotels.hilton.com/en/ch/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MIACICI

Wow this can be so confusing for us snowbirds !

We have been tossing around a few hotels for the night before out cruise.

I have cancelled one on your advice alone ... the Days in Civic Center in downtonwn Miami :eek:

I had then rebooked the Marriott Biscayne Bay .. but after looking at our flight arrival , which is 11:07 pm , my DH and I thought whats the point in going downtown at Midnight ??

We looked into the Airport Marriott. They have a shuttle to and from the airport and will arrange transportation to the Port of Miami the next day if you buy their Pre-Cruise package.

We didnt do the package because my DH travels a lot and has accumulated points with Marriott for free rooms.

I am such a nervous flyer that I was hoping to get into a hotel room as soon as we could after the flight to kick back and chill out before the next days cruise. At best by the time we get our luggage from baggage we wont get to the hotel til after Midnight, kinda takes the fun out of sight seeing in Miami.

They told me its around 20-25 dollars to get a cab from the hotel to the Port of Miami.

Trent please tell me this was a good choice :D lol.

If not I could always search around some more .

Thanks

cruzmom - The perfect view of the Port of Miami and entire channel is from the Biscayne Bay Marriott's SE view rooms... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/miabb

There are also good views from the Intercontinental... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/hd/miaha?irs=null

Great photo tours Trent!

Oh that's fine Kahhli, but it's only a 15 minute cab ride from MIA to downtown Miami... Personally I would just go on down to the Biscayne Bay Marriott, request a SE view room and in the morning you can look out to a spectacular view of your ship.

The airport Marriott is okay, but the Biscayne Bay Marriott is a nicer hotel.

Archived