8 Year old and sea pass

Hello,

Going on a cruise in a couple of months with my 8 year old grandson.

I bought him the coke card. Does he need to carry at kid event area if they offer getting cokes? It seems like they wouldn't just in case others kids don't have coke cards. I know the teens do but that's another story.

Brenda

Hello,

Going on a cruise in a couple of months with my 8 year old grandson.

I bought him the coke card. Does he need to carry at kid event area if they offer getting cokes? It seems like they wouldn't just in case others kids don't have coke cards. I know the teens do but that's another story.

Brenda

There is no separate "Coke Card". The purchase of a beverage package is denoted on the SeaPass card, which is the room key and charge card.

I don't believe they have sodas avail.in the kid's club...

Unless he'll be roaming about without you or grandpa, there's no need for him to carry his own seapass....you carry it for safekeeping. If he wants a soda with a meal, or while with you, his card will have the "sticker" affixed, showing he has the soda package.

There is no soda near the kids area for 8 year olds I don't believe (and they can't sign themselves in/out) - but, we gave our 8 year old a lanyard and a clip option for his seapass card (with coke sticker) so that he would have it with him always.

That way, if a different person picked him up than dropped it off, we didn't have to worry about a hand off. Often we were picking him up and going straight to lunch where it was needed.

The 6-8s don't leave the Explorers room that often - pirate night and sports night - and they are pretty controlled!

For our kids the lanyards were always a great option. One additional point, a card is not required for the freestyle machines (for ships that have them), but you have to carry the RFID cup which is even harder to keep up with.