Bev Package Question

Jimmy Geegitz

We are sailing Princess for the first time and I have a question on the beverage package. Do both guests in 1 cabin have to purchase or can only 1 person buy it? My wife wouldn't get her moneys worth. We have sailed mostly Carnival and never purchased because both guest have to buy the package.

Ok Thanks. I'm sure nobody ever shares.

"Nobody ever shares"? That's probably a stretch, but I think the vast majority understand Princess has shown trust in them and they should prove trustworthy.

Jim

"Nobody ever shares"? That's probably a stretch, but I think the vast majority understand Princess has shown trust in them and they should prove trustworthy.

Jim

This is true. We've seldom seen people share.

When a bottle of wine is purchased with the 40% off All Inclusive Drink Sticker, it is the only thing that is OK to share. :)

LuLu

When the package first started all cabin occupants were required to purchase.
That was just during the testing stage. Once released and rolled out last year, the requirement for both adults booked in the same cabin was removed.

Just wait a few minutes and then have the other person get his/her drink. Seems to work for most people. We do not get beverage cards but I get a coffee card since that is what I drink most of the time (generally all day). If I do not use all oft the punches on a card I take with me on the next cruise(Still working through two).

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

Edited by ChiefBoats

Our last cruise, the bar area and servers politely asked to see stickers before taking orders or when they delivered. Even dining staff would ask to see sticker. This helps keep all of us honest.......

When you go the same bar frequently, they know you have an All Inclusive Beverage Sticker and won't ask to see it again at that bar. The bar tenders have memories like elephants. :D

LuLu

When you go the same bar frequently, they know you have an All Inclusive Beverage Sticker and won't ask to see it again at that bar. The bar tenders have memories like elephants.

They need to process the card each time to get a $0.00 receipt.

Just curious to know if the AIP are popular for the longer cruises (say 21 days+). That would run into a princely outlay on your ship account.:eek:.

Yes, drinking is expensive! We simply consider it as a part of our total cruise cost. :D

LuLu

Um ... I would think that Princess shows a lack of trust, as

they have greatly increased the luggage scanning, to enforce

their liquor policy.

Deservedly so, of course.

When a bottle of wine is purchased with the 40% off All Inclusive Drink Sticker, it is the only thing that is OK to share. :)

This is repeated here frequently, but there doesn't seem to be anything

on the princess web site that supports it.

Does 'share' mean I can give all the wine to Mrs. Pablo, while

I continue to drink something else? That would be a good

savings, as she really only enjoys coffee and wine.

(not together)

On our upcoming cruise, DH is going to get the package and I'm not. I will share his wine at dinner, but not the rest of package. The elite mini-bar will be all mine though.;)

My husband buys me the bottles of wine with his 40% off in the dining room and he gets his by the glass as per the package. That is within the rules.

This is repeated here frequently, but there doesn't seem to be anything

on the princess web site that supports it.

(not together)

Yes that's fine. At breakfast my husband would get a coffee for me while he had the free tea.

(not together)

Yes, you can give her (or anyone else you want) all the wine bottles you purchase for 40% off.

Since not all of the wines are available by the glass, Mrs. Pablo may end up drinking a better wine than you do.

Edited by caribill