Can you get the delicious roast beed sandwich anywhere on the Indy?

My DH and I will be sailing on the IOS in April 2016. We have sailed on many RCCL ships but not any of the freedom class. Since there is not a Park Café on this class, is there anywhere else that serves the famed roast beef sandwich?

Thanks in advance for this info. Also if there is a previous live review I would love the link to it.

Keep your eyes open on the Royal Promenade around Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos. On a couple of ships (I believe Explorer was one), I've seen them serving the roast beef sandwiches from a small table, for about an hour around lunchtime, one or two days during the cruise.

Never saw anything that resembled a good roast beef sandwich on Freedom - actually had a hard time finding any good sandwich. Didn't care too much for any of the sandwich offerings at Cafe Prom or Sorrento's. Sorrento's CAN make a decent pizza if you special ordered and asked for extra sauce, but not so much on sandwiches that I found.

Never saw anything that resembled a good roast beef sandwich on Freedom - actually had a hard time finding any good sandwich. Didn't care too much for any of the sandwich offerings at Cafe Prom or Sorrento's. Sorrento's CAN make a decent pizza if you special ordered and asked for extra sauce, but not so much on sandwiches that I found.

So that is the trick to getting some edible pizza! I was not impressed by the sandwiches either! I wished they would go with 1 sandwich that less is more idea for the extra additives. Not everyone one likes this or that. jmo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

So that is the trick to getting some edible pizza! I was not impressed by the sandwiches either! I wished they would go with 1 sandwich that less is more idea for the extra additives. Not everyone one likes this or that. jmo!

Edible might be a stretch there. I prefer thin crust NY style, preferably from a coal or wood oven, though that obviously isn't going to happen on a ship. But, special ordering was an improvement over the heat lamp specials. As for sandwiches, if they were to offer something along the lines of Subway/WaWa or other sandwich shop, that would be ideal. They wouldn't even have to carry a huge selection of bread, meats, and toppings, but anything would be better than what they were trying to pass off. The only sandwich I even found edible was a tuna sandwich--they had a vegetable panini, but had way too much pesto sauce and too much bell pepper for my liking. Even a basic buffet type make-your-own sandwich station would be a step in the right direction.

Occasionally, but they also continue to do the beef.

Enchantment alternates the pork and beef every other day. Personally, I could do without the pork. I'd eat there every day if they offered the beef every day.

When we were on Indy in January they DID have the Roast Beef sandwiches at Sorrentos... just not every day like you come to expect at Park Cafe.

Unless something has changed just be on your game and can at least get the itch scratched a couple times.

Edible might be a stretch there. I prefer thin crust NY style, preferably from a coal or wood oven, though that obviously isn't going to happen on a ship. But, special ordering was an improvement over the heat lamp specials. As for sandwiches, if they were to offer something along the lines of Subway/WaWa or other sandwich shop, that would be ideal. They wouldn't even have to carry a huge selection of bread, meats, and toppings, but anything would be better than what they were trying to pass off. The only sandwich I even found edible was a tuna sandwich--they had a vegetable panini, but had way too much pesto sauce and too much bell pepper for my liking. Even a basic buffet type make-your-own sandwich station would be a step in the right direction.

The WJ on Liberty had a make your own sandwich area, but not as many options as a subway! I believe 1 choice of bread. I was looking for an egg salad at the Cafe no dice that day. Which I got a nice one on Vision. Those cheese cake pops were good though.