Taking food off the ship

Please don't do it here in Australia, otherwise you might not get back on the ship at departure time as you'll be in jail

+1

we do take it very seriously. As an island, many different foods here are free of diseases that occur elsewhere and therefore do not need chemicals and insecticides.

When we were in port in Cozumel in March, all bags were "sniffed" by dogs. If you were wearing a backpack, you had to take it off and put it down for the dog to sniff; same with purses, etc. I always carry the individual packages of Kirkland brand granola from Costco and I had 4 of those in my backpack and they passed the dog test! Other people were having to throw stuff away.

I have been traveling with teenagers for about a decade, and not once that I can recall, did they pass out from hunger on a cruise because they couldn't last 7 hours!

With that being said, there are usually plenty of cheep food options around if you feel you might pass out from hunger.

You CANNOT take food from the ship into ports. These countries have laws prohibiting this. It's not a ship rule but the countries you are entering. Eat a big breakfast or go back to the ship for lunch.

Off post question I see you are on the repo with me ..have you joined that thread ?? I am also in rural CT.

As for the ports I always take prepackaged beach snacks from home...pringles...gold fish etc ...