Do uk passengers get up-sell?

I have only ever heard of one, a couple I met through CC, it was on the Serenade Suez trip.

They were orginally in either a GS or OS and he received a call offering the Royal suite for X£.

It was her first cruise and he thought what the heck. I have purposely not mentioned names.

We had a wonderful sailaway with them on their balcony at one port.

We are budget travellers, never knowingly throw money away so it is highly unlikely to ever happen to us;):D

nope never had a up-sell call. Very disappointing, as it seems to happen a lot across the pond.

:(

I bet it happens less than you think. Those that get an upsell or a visit from the upgrade fairy want to tell everyone. [i would, too :D] But, :it is pretty rare, We have never been upgrade or had a call for an upsell on Royal or Celebrity. We did get an upsell from Carnival years ago when we stil sailed them.

Been upgraded from balcony to RFS ( just the 2 of us) and from balcony to JS.

Did they call you and ask for a Sterling contribution? ;)

That is what the OP's question is.

We have had a couple of free upgrades but never a phone call asking if we are prepared to pay X£ to upgrade.

Did they call you and ask for a Sterling contribution? ;)

That is what the OP's question is.

We have had a couple of free upgrades but never a phone call asking if we are prepared to pay X£ to upgrade.

No we didn't have to pay. I thought they had only recently started the paid upgrades as apposed to free.

No we didn't have to pay. I thought they had only recently started the paid upgrades as apposed to free.

The Serenade cruise I mentioned in my earlier post was Jan 2013 . Personally I think it is mainly going to happen to guests with balconies to move up to empty suites .

Edited by heatherb1958

I've asked for and had a paid upgrade (£80) from an inside to a balcony on Oasis.

I've had a different TA suggest I cancel booked cruise. Rebook same cruise. Same room. Get OBC, Select Drinks Package and include grats for over £100 saving (and that included losing the original deposit!!) No brainer.