ALLURE of the seas 7/5 - Summary( PT 3) and Questions Answered...

ENTERTAINMENT:

OCEAN ARIA - Exhilarating, top notch, really cool to see the high divers

MAMMA MIA - Even though I'd already seen it 4 times, the RCCL performance was as good as any Broadway show

MARK WALLACE (COMEDIAN) - Good show, not obnoxious or R-rated at all. Overall a good show. Liked how he incorporated the audience into his act.

TENORS of ROCK - Did not see

BLUE PLANET - Dancers, singers, acrobats, all in all a very good variety show

ICE GAMES Ice Show - I always marvel on how well these skaters are in a small rink and a moving ship. Excellent Show!!

All the above required an RSVP( and YES they scan your Sea pass card as you enter to make sure) Ocean Aria and Mamma Mia were the only ones that were SRO only.

DRINKS/SHOPPING. The 21% VAT brings the cost of a bottle of beer to about $8, and a Baileys on the Rocks cost me $11!. Shopping was the typical stuff you would see on a RCCL ship [Wait until Sat, when everything is discounted]

DEBARKATION - VERY WELL ORGANIZED!! Even though we used the express service, they was no long queue to get off. Bags looked like they were coming out for the luggage carousels at the right time. The ALLURE is so big it uses 2 terminals so be sure you know where your bags are coming out of.

Remember that this is a dual boarding itinerary, with 2/3 leaving in Barcelona and 1/3 leaves in Rome.

PASSENGER MIX. - A lot form the UK, Germany, and the Far East as well as the US. Best behaved children I have witnessed in a LONG time. Polite, no pushing, shoving screaming and running up and down the hallways.

That's all I can think of; Now for the questions......

ENTERTAINMENT:

MAMMA MIA - Even though I'd already seen it 4 times, the RCCL performance was as good as any Broadway show

MARK WALLACE (COMEDIAN) - Good show, not obnoxious or R-rated at all. Overall a good show. Liked how he incorporated the audience into his act.

ICE GAMES Ice Show - I always marvel on how well these skaters are in a small rink and a moving ship. Excellent Show!!

All the above required an RSVP( and YES they scan your Sea pass card as you enter to make sure) Ocean Aria and Mamma Mia were the only ones that were SRO only.

DRINKS/SHOPPING. The 21% VAT brings the cost of a bottle of beer to about $8, and a Baileys on the Rocks cost me $11!. Shopping was the typical stuff you would see on a RCCL ship [Wait until Sat, when everything is discounted]

DEBARKATION - VERY WELL ORGANIZED!! Even though we used the express service, they was no long queue to get off. Bags looked like they were coming out for the luggage carousels at the right time. The ALLURE is so big it uses 2 terminals so be sure you know where your bags are coming out of.

Remember that this is a dual boarding itinerary, with 2/3 leaving in Barcelona and 1/3 leaves in Rome.

PASSENGER MIX. - A lot form the UK, Germany, and the Far East as well as the US. Best behaved children I have witnessed in a LONG time. Polite, no pushing, shoving screaming and running up and down the hallways.

Thanks for pt. 3.

ENTERTAINMENT:

Do you mean everything is discounted on Saturday, eg Michael Kors, Coach etc?.

standing room only

Of course...thanks. Too bad (selfishly) as was hoping to catch Mamma Mia more than once...once with reservations and once just showing up and hoping for seats not filled. But great to hear that it's that good.

Of course...thanks. Too bad (selfishly) as was hoping to catch Mamma Mia more than once...once with reservations and once just showing up and hoping for seats not filled. But great to hear that it's that good.

Well there is nothing lost by trying, but u will be in the nosebleed section

Well there is nothing lost by trying, but u will be in the nosebleed section

That's ok for a second showing. We'll arrive early for whatever showing we reserve (and same for the Aqua show as per your note that it was also SRO).

Sounds like you had a great cruise.

Yes it was fun, but exhausting, especially Italy. Just so much to see and so little time to see it. We got 3rd row Center for Mamma Mia, because we go there early; However, we got to Aqua mania only 15 min prior, and were all the way in the back(which still wasn't bad). Just as an FYI, 10 minutes before the show starts, they open it up to the standby line; and even if you have RSVPs, you are now considered a NO SHOW. On the last day, as a joke, I told some kids not to sit in the front row of the Ice Show because it was the Splash Zone[ and yes, they moved!!]

Edited by redwings1958

When do you RSVP for the shows? When you are on the ship or can we RSVP before we even get on the ship?

BOY, You better do them B4 you get on board for the best flexiblilty . I think 90 days prior to departure is when they open them up for reservations

Does anyone know what night the White party is on the Allure of the Seas? I want to book my show reservations and don't want to book something on that night. We are on the ship from September 6th though the 13th. Thanks!

Does anyone know what night the White party is on the Allure of the Seas? I want to book my show reservations and don't want to book something on that night. We are on the ship from September 6th though the 13th. Thanks!

I posted up the compasses from the 12-19July cruise out of BCN.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2239096

ours was done on day 6 while in Naples.